Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox 550/560 Toner replacment issue

HI,
    I have 550/560 machine with metered supllies at the power on machines is asked to change the toner. i tried with DMO sold supplies but its not accepting and asking to enter activation code . can any one help how to change the supply code ?

Re: Xerox 550/560 Toner replacment issue

the only way to make the toner work is to either only order metered toner or rechip the reman toner with a metered chip you cant just use reman toner with out the toner chip that is necessary for the machine

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You are a bit out of luck for a workaround. That PIN number is unique to a serial number and is generated in real time when the tech calls into support. There are chips you can purchase and rechip the ones you have. If you want to keep that machine in excellent condition DO NOT USE GENERICS. 95% of my calls on these models for CQ issues is generic toner and 100% of those morons ending up spending ALOT more to repair, then what they saved.

Hope this helps

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks i have chips of sold toners one of my machine is giving msg metered supplies installed in sold machine, and other machine is giving msg enter activation code , i have total 4 machines one of them giving msg Page pack expired. page pin is required .

now i am thinking to change the NVMs with the DMO Sold machine. i mean ill install the metered machine boards one by one in sold machine and change the sr# , i have no issue if all machines have same sr#. what do you think.....