Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox Workcentre 5855 Ros System Failure error 361-340

I have a Xerox 5855 that had ROS Motor Failure last week. The ros was whinning. I replaced the Ros and it worked for 1 week. now, I am getting Ros System failure.
    error 361-340. If you reboot it will copy and print than it will jam and say Ros System failure.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox Workcentre 5855 Ros System Failure error 361-340

The most likely answer is that your replacement ROS assembly is defective and you need to install another new ROS assembly. You may have a loose connector someplace in the wiring harnesses that were removed and reconnected when the ROS was last replaced. Check over and reseat all connectors to ensure you are not loosing 24v or 3.3v to the ROS.

Re: Xerox Workcentre 5855 Ros System Failure error 361-340

I have the same problem before with my WC275 pro, I have first replaced the ROS unit and it work for a week, then same problem. What i did is check the cables for any thing loose and surprise, surprise. there was a spark trail on my 12v
    line connector. Replaced it, it was good to go. Check the cables and board for any burn smell or any loose. mostly the ROS don't just die that fast, especially if it is new.