Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician

Re: Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

Thumbs up Re: Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

Quote Originally Posted by prismtech View Post
    Google "spar xls" and go to the first result which is a hidden spreadsheet on Xerox's site. Find the latest Connectkey 1.5 version for the colorqube and download it. Place it in the Altboot folder in your usb stick along with the 0 byte FORCED_UPGRADE file. Plug in your 256GB platter drive and the usb stick and an hour later you are all done.

If it doesn't work it's due to:

USB stick not compatible. Recommend Kingston fat32 and usb 2.0 standard. USB 3.0 sticks are questionable on Altboots. on a 9200 colorqube usb 3.0 does not work at all.

256GB platter drive is bad. Even one bad sector causes Altboot to never blowup the image.

Ime or ui board failure. Very rare, most likely one of the first two problems mentioned.

Correct your software load first and then I will help you fix your heater problem.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Hi prismtech, thank ou so much! Your advices helped so much. Got 2 9301 running with altboot and FORCED_UPGRADE. So is it true, that I don´t need to do the 2 steps upgrdae, if the machine has a 061.180.xxx.xxxxx version?
    by the way, never saw an answer to the following: It also asks for supply code and offers a 4000 page courtesy period. How do I get rid of that?
    Is there a solution? Would appreciate, if there is one.

Best ragards and thanks from Germany
    Andreas

Technician

Re: Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

Quote Originally Posted by hagalis View Post
    Hi prismtech, thank ou so much! Your advices helped so much. Got 2 9301 running with altboot and FORCED_UPGRADE. So is it true, that I don´t need to do the 2 steps upgrdae, if the machine has a 061.180.xxx.xxxxx version?
    by the way, never saw an answer to the following: It also asks for supply code and offers a 4000 page courtesy period. How do I get rid of that?
    Is there a solution? Would appreciate, if there is one.

Best ragards and thanks from Germany
    Andreas

You need American rom (NVRAM). Prismatech promised to send one but kept staling and never replied at the end.

You can buy them for $20-30

The reason is that the firmware you put on is US and there are no EU versions. So because you cannot bring Mohamed to mountain, you have to bring mountain to Mohamed.

David
    Last edited by kurbads; 02-03-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    You need American rom. Prismatech promised to send one but kept staling and never replied at the end.

You can buy them for $20-30

The reason is that the firmware you put on is US and there are no EU versions. So because you cannot bring Mohamed to mountain, you have to bring mountain to Mohamed.

David
    Hi David, thanks for your quick answer. and where can I buy American rom? Could you give me a hint or a link?
    But I have german language on it, so this is anyway no EU version?

Did you solve the problem: It also asks for supply code and offers a 4000 page courtesy period. How do I get rid of that?
    If so, I would be happy to hear from you.
    Cheers Andreas