Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

I Need to replace my Hardisk in my Colorqube 9301,
    how I Need to Format the Harddisk right ? , so I can perform a ALTBOOT ?

I can also Access the Machine with the PWS Laptop, can also perform reinstall Software procedure with the ALT boot Software,

but it Looks like, that the machine Looks for some Special Partition or file, so it canīt find it, and will not finish the procedure,

the Harddisk is an brand new disk, (but not from xerox)
    I know it must be formated in some form with some Kind of Linux,

witch Software I Need it to Format it ?, so it will be accepted from the machine ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

To my knowledge, you don't need any special type of format or partition. You do not need a HDD from Xerox. Any store bought HDD will do as long as it is around the same size as the original. Just install the new HDD. Take a flash drive (about 2G is a good size to use), create a folder named ALTBOOT. Download the software from Xerox.com, unzip the file and place the .DLM file in the ALTBOOT folder. Power off the machine, insert the flash drive in one of the USB ports at the back of the machine then power the machine on. After a few minutes it should go into sofware upgrade mode on the display screen.

Technician

thanks, had working now, HDD was the Problem

but how can I reset the ADMIN Password ?
    I had buy the Printer last week, but have not get the Admin Password to it,

PWS available

thanks
    Paul

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The admin password resets to the default password when you do an altboot.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The admin password resets to the default password when you do an altboot.
    Thanks

ive done the Altboot now, Harddisk works and also the Admin Password was reset,
    the problem was the USB stick for the AltBoot and and Bad Harddisk too

thanks for help !

Technician

I cloned the existing 2.5" 160Gb HDD to a 256Gb SSD to speed up printing. I used Acronis LiveCD. I did not have to reinstall anything. There was no effect on speed though. The HDD is located under a pullout section at the back of printer behind two large hand turnable screws. The section also appears to contain motherboard. I will checkout if the CPU is soldered onto it for chance of an upgrade for speed.

Technician

I dont think, that you will can speedup the booting for printing speed, a little speedup could to more memory, the boards at startup will need some time too, to booting

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    I cloned the existing 2.5" 160Gb HDD to a 256Gb SSD to speed up printing. I used Acronis LiveCD. I did not have to reinstall anything. There was no effect on speed though. The HDD is located under a pullout section at the back of printer behind two large hand turnable screws. The section also appears to contain motherboard. I will checkout if the CPU is soldered onto it for chance of an upgrade for speed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Colorqube 9301 Harddisk replace

Nothing will speed up a 93xx ColorQube. The ConnectKey CQ OS moves at the same miserable speed regardless.

Many people will stay with the pre-CK OS just for speed and reliability.

93xx with the ConnectKey OS must also be set to reboot automatically (ie. Standard Over Write) every night. If not the OS will slow to a crawl and die with extended usage periods.

Overall F- user interface regardless. Junk.

Technician

Hi, I started to have problems with the new SSD. I tried to clone it to another one to remedy that but what I really want to do is to learn to upgrade it.

Currently it has version 0.61 and scanner is not working. In order to install the scanner fix, I would need to learn to upgrade and downgrade it etc.

I tried the blank SSD method, but after successful messages of upgrading network and copy engine, it got stuck at message Altboot failed.
    Altboot failed.jpg

UPDATE!

That error was not such a big deal. Printer booted into the new system after reboot successfully. But the problems persist.

Annoying alerts about scanner not working accompanied by beeps which cannot be turned off.

Another problem which seemed temporary before things started to go wrong. Printer shows amount of paper in trays on boot but will turn it to zero on open/close tray. The A4 (3rd) tray does not lift the paper up after open close.

The system upgrade did not solve any of these. The printer does not go into restart anymore but cannot be used for printing either.
    Last edited by kurbads; 09-30-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    Im not sure, that cloning will work on the printer harddisk, it is better, to install a new one and do an Altboot
    because the harddisk are encrypted at the end of the Altboot process