Xerox Workcentre 5655 Incompatible Fuser and Drum Unit

Hi guys,

I have a Xerox Workcentre 5655 and it gives me an Error Incompatible Fuser and also the Drum Unit.
    If you restart the machine sometimes it recognizes the Drum Unit but never the Fuser Unit.
    I have another machine same as this Xerox Workcentre 5655. To test that the Fuser and Drum dont have any problems i took them from that machine to try and test since they are working on that machine. But again it gives me Error Incompatible Fuser and for the Drum Unit.

Appreciate any feedback for fixing this.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox Workcentre 5655 Incompatible Fuser and Drum Unit

Just to be sure, there are 2 different drums and 2 different fusing units based on the speed of the machine.
    5632, 5638 use the same drum. 5645, 5655, 5665, 5675, 5687 use the same drum.
    5632, 5638, 5645, 5655 use the same fusing unit. 5665, 5676, 5687 use the same fusing unit.
    To make things even more confusing, each drum & fusing unit has 2 different types, Metered & Sold depending on what kind of billing program the machine is set to. Now that's 4 different drums and 4 different fusing units all together.

If you are sure you have the correct drum & fusing unit based on your machine's speed and billing program, the most common reason for them to still read as incompatible is because your machine no longer remembers what speed it is. On the Image Processing PWB (tray slides out of the back of the machine) is the Software Module. On the Software Module is a battery. This Software Module saves information about your machine including the speed of the machine and your total meter count. There is a battery on this board that may need to be replaced. Test the battery, it needs to be above 2.8VDC. If it drops below 2.8V, it will loose information of your machine when the machine is off or unplugged. This is the first place to check. Recovery after this has been corrected is more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    Just to be sure, there are 2 different drums and 2 different fusing units based on the speed of the machine.
    5632, 5638 use the same drum. 5645, 5655, 5665, 5675, 5687 use the same drum.
    5632, 5638, 5645, 5655 use the same fusing unit. 5665, 5676, 5687 use the same fusing unit.
    To make things even more confusing, each drum & fusing unit has 2 different types, Metered & Sold depending on what kind of billing program the machine is set to. Now that's 4 different drums and 4 different fusing units all together.

If you are sure you have the correct drum & fusing unit based on your machine's speed and billing program, the most common reason for them to still read as incompatible is because your machine no longer remembers what speed it is. On the Image Processing PWB (tray slides out of the back of the machine) is the Software Module. On the Software Module is a battery. This Software Module saves information about your machine including the speed of the machine and your total meter count. There is a battery on this board that may need to be replaced. Test the battery, it needs to be above 2.8VDC. If it drops below 2.8V, it will loose information of your machine when the machine is off or unplugged. This is the first place to check. Recovery after this has been corrected is more involved.
    Hi ExoK
    I have the same problem but with a Xerox workcentre 5765 printer.
    I changed the battery, and continues to reject the xerographic fuser, I would appreciate if you can tell me what steps to follow to solve this problem.
    From already thank you very much.
    greetings!!
    Carlos Cristaldo

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlos cristaldo View Post
    Hi ExoK
    I have the same problem but with a Xerox workcentre 5765 printer.
    I changed the battery, and continues to reject the xerographic fuser, I would appreciate if you can tell me what steps to follow to solve this problem.
    From already thank you very much.
    greetings!!
    Carlos Cristaldo
    1) different model unit
    2) dead thread since 2017
    3) stop digging up dead threads
    4) start your own new thread

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by koaslosa View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a Xerox Workcentre 5655 and it gives me an Error Incompatible Fuser and also the Drum Unit.
    If you restart the machine sometimes it recognizes the Drum Unit but never the Fuser Unit.
    I have another machine same as this Xerox Workcentre 5655. To test that the Fuser and Drum dont have any problems i took them from that machine to try and test since they are working on that machine. But again it gives me Error Incompatible Fuser and for the Drum Unit.

Appreciate any feedback for fixing this.

Thanks
    had one like this turned out to be front door interlock didnt allow 24 volts i replaced interlock and it all worked

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eunuch39 View Post
    had one like this turned out to be front door interlock didnt allow 24 volts i replaced interlock and it all worked
    thanks for that...
    but the OP hasn't responded in over 2 years,
    the other post wasn't even same machine,
    he shouldn't have raised this one from the dead.