Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radium

Plan Conversion formula?

Good Morning,

I have at my work, 10 Xeroxes (of various models, the one in question is a 7845) and each one is used at different rates, so the toners are used up at different times. If I understand correctly how this contract is written (I wasn't involved) Xerox sends out toner when they get a signal the printer needs it. Doesn't always work properly, some machines run out faster and the other day I had to replace a full set of toner.

The printer threw a fit saying it was the wrong toner. I checked the serial numbers against the old toner carts and the new ones, and they matched. Turns out (from a call to Xerox) the toner I had grabbed was slated for another printer, and I had to call Xerox to get some kind of code to make the printer accept the toner. I think it was called the Supplies Plan Activation Code.

In any case, this was both time-consuming, and frustrating, and I foresee it happening again. Rather than dealing with Xerox for this, is there a formula they use to generate the key code (they asked for the serial number and total impressions) so I can generate my own codes, and cut them out entirely? We are not real happy with Xerox right now and anything we can do to minimize their involvement in our daily operations would only be a good thing.

EDIT:
    It's a "plan Conversion" setting in the printer. It was a 5-6 character hexadecimal code I had to enter to get the Xerox to accept the toner. Apologies for the confusion.
    Last edited by Radium; 01-25-2017 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Incorrect Info

Re: Plan Conversion formula?

In the past I have seen Xerox use an RFID chip under the label on their toner. Carefully remove the label and check for the presence of the chip, and if it's there, swap labels.

Radium

Quote Originally Posted by exCSER View Post
    In the past I have seen Xerox use an RFID chip under the label on their toner. Carefully remove the label and check for the presence of the chip, and if it's there, swap labels.
    Sneaky,but in this case,Xerox generated a key that i had to input before the toner would be recognized.

Yeah, but how do you think the machine is recognizing or not recognizing the toner? Check the label.

After re-reading your first post, it looks like the code they sent you probably disabled the 'toner identification check' circuitry in the machine. Now you just have to be concerned with the other 9 machines.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Plan Conversion formula?

What you are looking for is the "METERED SUPPLIES" code. This code is generated by Xerox on "METERED MACHINES" i.e. PagePack, PageConnect etc.

If you are not under a "METERED SUPPLIES" contract xerox will not give you the code.
    (Because then you would be able to use metered supplies in a non metered machine).

The cost for the code is $500.00 from people who have figured out the Algorithm to calculate the code from the serial nember and page count.

Hope this helps.

Radium

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    What you are looking for is the "METERED SUPPLIES" code. This code is generated by Xerox on "METERED MACHINES" i.e. PagePack, PageConnect etc.

If you are not under a "METERED SUPPLIES" contract xerox will not give you the code.
    (Because then you would be able to use metered supplies in a non metered machine).

The cost for the code is $500.00 from people who have figured out the Algorithm to calculate the code from the serial nember and page count.

Hope this helps.
    Hmmm...so whom do I contact for this algorithm/program?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Plan Conversion formula?

P.M. Me

Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    P.M. Me
    Hello sir can you show me how to convert Xerox 4110 I'm have trouble on getting chips so I want to use it without chips

you don't need code to fix the problem
    You can fix it with Spar NVM software and SOLD code toner.