Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xerox 5230

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Xerox 5230

Hello. I have this strange problem with a xerox workcentre 5230. It doesn't recognize any cartridge,except the one it came with. The machine was in pagepack mode but lease expired in 2014. The country code is for Italy. I tried every cartridge chip available, still nothing. Can it be set to use a specific cartridge? For example,removing the machine from pagepack mode ore something like that. For other xerox machines i managed to do that. On this one i can't find the specific nvram setting

Re: Xerox 5230

not sure about those older models, but any page pack machine I have encountered cannot be converted. once a page pack, always a page pack.

unless you know of some awesome way to convert it? I would be most grateful to hear of a way to convert 78xx 72xx models

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 5230

I managed to get one 75xx out of pagepack. I remember that in some service mode there was a options for "disable pagepack". I don't remember the exact procedure, but anyway, after disabling pagepack, i had to change the cartridge chips. Not recognizable anymore