Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Quote Originally Posted by Claudiu.D View Post
    How do you get in the admin menu to disable "Drum initialization" if you get error 092-671 ?
    Thank you
    While holding number key 2 and 8 , turn the printer on.

Technician

Re: Xerox WC 6605/Phaser6600/ Dell 2660dn 092-671 "Reseat M Toner and M Drum" error

Update 3:
    I have to report that error is back 092-673.. :-(

Does anyone have any ideas or things to try out?

Thanks

Technician

Update 4:
    I took back drum a part and cleaned it well.. Using medical alcohol cleaned OPC drum, transfer drum, rubber blades, wast bin drive.. To be honest it looked fine in the first place since it only has 20,000 pages printed on it.. And after all of this, I still get 092-673 error... :-(

any ideas what else should I try?

Quote Originally Posted by svastarija View Post
    Update 3:
    I have to report that error is back 092-673.. :-(

Does anyone have any ideas or things to try out?

Thanks
    I have received my new Cyan dispenser assembly. It is essentially 2 augers at right angles that feeds toner from toner cartridge to the drum. Presumably the toner becomes caked inside the tube and the auger becomes full and despite it turning the toner doesnt get pushed thru the tube. There are spring loaded cover doors where the toner cartridge connects and another one where the drum connects. You could try something flexible like copper wire or nylon fishing line that had a small ball on the end that you could push thru these doors in along auger space. Not sure how far you would get and whether you could do it in situ. If there was going to be a likely spot for a blockage I would think it could occur where there is a 90 degree change in direction where one auger tube sits across the other. This is quite some distance from the entry or exit doors.

If you decide to disassemble your printer to get at the dispenser assembly, once out it is quite easy to take apart the dispenser auger tubes to clean them. they just clip together. So you probably may not need a new dispenser assembly as long as all the gears and augers are turning.

Just my thoughts .......... havent got around to taking my CP405d apart yet.

Next Chapter - C error, Check Toner C & DrumError 092-672 Fuli Xerox CP405D docuprint ( same physical machine as Phaser 6600)

Replaced the Cyan dispenser assembly ( couldnt find anything physically wrong with the old one- augered thru toner when turned)
    Started up printer and same error.
    Found a Phaser 6600 service manual online. Checked out this error and proposed solution:
    basically is

Cyan Patch Error
    Error Details - IOT could not recovery toner density
    Page 303 of service manual- for procedure to follow
    shake toner
    replace toner,
    then clean contacts on drum and reseat,
    replace drum ( imaging unit)
    replace MCU circuit board

nothing about dispenser assembly.
    So replaced toner cartridge - no luck.
    To replace the imaging units on this device you have to buy all the drums (x4)

Replaced Cyan imaging unit-
    I notice that on the new imaging unit there is a chip. There is no chip on the original imaging units.
    Restarted and now got the correponding yellow patch error 092-670
    replaced yellow imaging units and now error free and printing. (running 2 old drums and 2 new drums)

Do I have to replace all drums at once and is there an admin setting to reset a counter?

on all my reading there doesnt seem to be a practical outline of what causes this error "Error Details - IOT could not recovery toner density" is not meaningfull unless someone can explain. ( Other than its generic toner cartridges)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ocular View Post
    Next Chapter - C error, Check Toner C & DrumError 092-672 Fuli Xerox CP405D docuprint ( same physical machine as Phaser 6600)

Replaced the Cyan dispenser assembly ( couldnt find anything physically wrong with the old one- augered thru toner when turned)
    Started up printer and same error.
    Found a Phaser 6600 service manual online. Checked out this error and proposed solution:
    basically is

Cyan Patch Error
    Error Details - IOT could not recovery toner density
    Page 303 of service manual- for procedure to follow
    shake toner
    replace toner,
    then clean contacts on drum and reseat,
    replace drum ( imaging unit)
    replace MCU circuit board

nothing about dispenser assembly.
    So replaced toner cartridge - no luck.
    To replace the imaging units on this device you have to buy all the drums (x4)

Replaced Cyan imaging unit-
    I notice that on the new imaging unit there is a chip. There is no chip on the original imaging units.
    Restarted and now got the correponding yellow patch error 092-670
    replaced yellow imaging units and now error free and printing. (running 2 old drums and 2 new drums)

Do I have to replace all drums at once and is there an admin setting to reset a counter?

on all my reading there doesnt seem to be a practical outline of what causes this error "Error Details - IOT could not recovery toner density" is not meaningfull unless someone can explain. ( Other than its generic toner cartridges)
    Hy haloo .Im having the problem with machine Xerox wc 6605dn with error yellow test patch error 092-670.I clean the tube of toner line from cartridge to drum and i have seame problem.I look that i have the error and when i power on before they show me the error no rotate the gear for ading the toner.If i can how can i add toner from the service menu

Have you been using non genuine cartridges? There does not seem to be as easy solution to this problem. Putting in new drums will make the problem go away for the time being but it will return if you continue to use non genuine cartridges. Not sure if this is detected via a chip on the machine or what. Some say it is because the non genuine toner cartridges leak a lot of dust and then mess up the sensors. If this is the case - taking everthing out and cleaning all the internals ( ?compressed air) may help but I have no experience. I have 2 Xerox retired machines and moved to Brother HL-L8260CDW and haven't looked back.