Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Xerox dc240 - fault - image Offsetting - Is there an NVM adjustment to up Fuser Temp?

We Have a customer with a issue on a red letterhead type banner on Red offsetting / ghosting down the page. He has replaced the fuser unit and tried different paper stocks and it still does it. the paper used is just 120 gram.

I know on Ricoh in service mode i can adjust the fuser running temperature by 10-20 degrees and was wondering if there is a way off doing this on a Xerox? possibly by adjusting an NVM? all colour calibration ect is fine.

Any help on this would be great!!!

Ben

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox dc240 - fault - image Offsetting - Is there an NVM adjustment to up Fuser Temp?

Re: Xerox dc240 - fault - image Offsetting - Is there an NVM adjustment to up Fuser T

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ben View Post
    We Have a customer with a issue on a red letterhead type banner on Red offsetting / ghosting down the page. He has replaced the fuser unit and tried different paper stocks and it still does it. the paper used is just 120 gram.

I know on Ricoh in service mode i can adjust the fuser running temperature by 10-20 degrees and was wondering if there is a way off doing this on a Xerox? possibly by adjusting an NVM? all colour calibration ect is fine.

Any help on this would be great!!!

Ben
    There isn't an easy way to do that. You can use "Gloss Mode" but that cuts the speed in half. Selecting a heavier weight of paper will also cut the speed.

Genuine toner has in my experience never caused offsetting. Be certain they're not cheaping out and using some generic. None of the generics work properly. They just don't.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Xerox dc240 - fault - image Offsetting - Is there an NVM adjustment to up Fuser T

I have asked if it has been run on compatible toner? he said it has in the past so there,s the problem as its not doing it on any other colour. the machine is not on a contract so i have advised the only way to solve this problem is a new dev tank, dev, brand new toner and vac out the toner dispenser.

thanks
    ben