Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The dreaded 303.777.00 fault on 7225 and 78xx series machines

I have a whole bunch of machines (2 x 78xx series, 3 x 7225 series) that are randomly rebooting, and will only successfully reboot when power is disconnected. I think things go wrong when they try to enter power save mode. When they do, the power saver light goes into the normal 'pulsing' green light, but then all sorts of clicks can be heard in the machines, all lights on the control panel briefly flash, and the power saver button is then steadily green (instead of pulsating). Pushing it will not wake the machine up. After some time the machine will reboot. It will however just stay at the green splash screen without the software version, until you disconnect power. Then if you boot it again, it boots just fine.

At one of the 78xx machines I have already replaced the LVPS and fan, without success. All other machines had an Altboot with the last 2018 release, but no success.

I am thinking power supply related issues, but I have not ever needed to replace a power supply in any of these machines before, so am baffled all of a sudden 5 of my customers have these problems. I should add it's hot here at the moment, but not super hot (around 24 ºC/ 75 Fahrenheit in the warmest space I visited).

When searching Copytechnet and other sources online, no real solution is suggested except for Altboot. On the 78xx series some users suggest just disabling power saver, but for a lot of customers this is not really an option.

Am I really the only one struggling with this? Kind of desperate as I do not look forward to replacing 5 (low-counter) machines!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: The dreaded 303.777.00 fault on 7225 and 78xx series machines

They all do exactly this with power saving enabled. Switch to scheduled power settings to fix. Also recommend a 4 a.m. overwrite with reboot. The IOS goes dumb after leaving one of these machines on for more than 24 hours.

In essence just standard Xerox connectkey garbage.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the tip! What would you recommend for the scheduled setting then? Because it will go into power saver still then? Would you recommend scheduled power saver from (for example) 6pm unti 8am, with a 4 am overwrite?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    Thanks for the tip! What would you recommend for the scheduled setting then? Because it will go into power saver still then? Would you recommend scheduled power saver from (for example) 6pm unti 8am, with a 4 am overwrite?
    Exactly! They still go into power save, but I have had good luck with them coming back to life on scheduled times. 4 a.m is fine for the overwrite. It's actually just the reboot you are using it for.... clears the working memory.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Great, will definitely try so and will let you know what happens.