Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Phaser 7800 rebooting

Have not even went on site yet. Here is the thing, I am a Konica Minolta tech with very limited Xerox experience (fun I know)

From basic researching of the internet it seems as though a failed HDD and/or corrupt software. HDD appears to have to be a specific one formatted to that model? On a Konica I can use any HDD and the machine will format it. Any basic tips to give a Konica Minolta tech? , and is there files/software that I will not have access to that I will need access to.

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Re: Phaser 7800 rebooting

Update: I have access to purchasing the HDD, I have downloaded the service manual and found the procedure for an "altboot" and also found the Firmware...

If I replace the hdd is there anything special I need to do , besides the obvious re configuring it for the customer.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Generics work. Follow the instructions. Folder name is all caps ALTBOOT in root of thumb drive.(nothing over 8GB. Place .dlm inside and your good to go

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Okay the Phaser 7800 is a little bit different in what you have to do to fix your problem.

First, after you install the new HDD you must do a ALTBOOT with the FORCED_UPGRADE line in that folder as well the firmware .DLM file.

I would also replace the SD card as well.

Okay here is the trick you must first do the ALTBOOT with a very early version of the firmware 081.150.103.05600 or earlier.
    After it completes immediately perform a image overwrite. This will correctly format the new drive with the correct partitions. (The newer firmware’s do not correctly create all the partitions necessary.)

Second you must now perform a upgrade to firmware version 081.150.104.16200 from CWIS accessed from the browser this firmware is necessary to allow ANY of the later firmware's to be installed. (This firmware is called the BRIDGE SOFTWARE)

Third perform the final firmware upgrade to version 081.150.109.12600 or later.

If you do not follow this procedure you will be back with either a reboot problem or a frozen display on boot up.

Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the cpu fan on the sbc (the board chassis that slides out from the rear right) as they frequently fail. The fan will cause reboots as the cpu overheats

I'm looking for the latest firmware for the 7800 and can only find firmware from 2013. Any thoughts?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by vaughn123 View Post
    I'm looking for the latest firmware for the 7800 and can only find firmware from 2013. Any thoughts?
    yeah start your own new thread... describing any/all problems and WHY you feel you need firmware

note firmware is for TRAINED Xerox techs only with a manual.

please read Forum rule #5 Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

firmware falls under that category

8/5/10 was the last time there was a comment in this thread... 2 years is the suggested time frame for a thread to be considered DEAD n BURIED

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

please read Forum rule #5 Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Bollocks!!! Firmware if freely available on Xerox.com for ALL to download and use, you don't need to be trained or anything to install it as it is fully installable by end users and comes with full instructions how to install, and there is certainly no illegal activities involved with downloading or installing it

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yeah start your own new thread... describing any/all problems and WHY you feel you need firmware

8/5/10 was the last time there was a comment in this thread... 2 years is the suggested time frame for a thread to be considered DEAD n BURIED
    This is actually a consumer machine, not a contract machine, and the firmware is freely provided by Xerox to end-users with instructions provided for end-users...

Your comment on EOL threads is very appropriate, though! I don't mind if a long dead thread is resurrected if it is about the _EXACT_ same topic. More knowledge all in one location, I say. But I do despise thread-jacking.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Phaser 7800 rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by vaughn123 View Post
    See Phil's comments about starting your own threads, but I'll go ahead and answer you here just to wrap it up.

The Phaser 7800 is very old! So the reason you're only seeing firmware from 2013 is because that was the last time they put out new firmware...

Whatever Xerox.com has up for download is going to be the latest general release version.