Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Xerox versalink c405 toner errors and light magenta

Hi guys, the machine was giving a 092-315 and "magenta toner error remove and reboot" they had a generic in and installed a OEM and get the same thing.
    it might work for a while, but then the code comes back.

the magenta is super light and some of the copies had a slight grainy feel to the magenta patch, which may be due to the density being so low??

i checked that the toner drive for the cartridges was turning, that there was toner coming out of the toner tube at the drum unit. there is still developer in there.

the CRUM contacts on the machine and cartridge look ok, as does the drum contacts.

i see that the drums are sold as a set of 4. the supplies screen lists they are at 18%.

the service manual gives a generalized cause like magenta patch fault, dispenser, and drum unit.etc of course.

does anyone have any idea if this is a drum unit issue??

and i just realized that there is a similar machine next to it but i failed to see if they use the same drums.

dumb me. i will inquire what the model is and see if that might be an option for a test.

thank you for any help or input.
    have a nice evening, Jim

Technician

Re: Xerox versalink c405 toner errors and light magenta

Hi, it is usually the toner that does not reach the Drum / developer, remove the magenta drum and check if the toner load point is full if it is manually turned over the gears to evenly load the toner into the drum, if it is empty premento the home button will ask for the code 6789 for 6 seconds, the diagnostic icon will appear the selection and then on component control go to 093--002 manually load the toner on the developer, it should work, otherwise it is the magenta drum to be changed or the extreme case the laser (this happened to me twice)