Xerox WC 7655 mismatched serial number

I own a Xerox WC 7655 which I have been using for about two years (2016-2017). After 10 months of having it stored off-grid, a message that I need to restart the machine returns a message when I try to activate it. I only have access to the copy but I can't make any copies since it keeps sending me a message to restart.
    I contacted Xerox Hellas for service and the diagnosis was that it had run out of battery on the timekeeper. He replaced it and tried to reinstall the machine's operating system but couldn't because he wanted a security code (if I understood correctly) for the installation. (mismatched serial number?) Finally told me that Xerox's support for this kind of damage has expired and referred me to the sales department for a financial offer to buy a new machine.
    My colleagues on the same machine have informed me that Xerox has not stopped supporting WC 7655/7665/7675 series.
    In my next phone call with Xerox Hellas, I was confirmed that they had contacted the parent company by email but did not receive a positive response.
    I would like to know if the support of WC 7655/7665/7675 series in the software department continues and help me with my problem because can't believe that I will not be able to operate my machine because of a serial number that is not provided to me.
    I would also like to know what the Xerox US email address is so I can contact them and why I can't find it.

Fault codes its only 22.352.00.
    The UI software is 04003353050

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox WC 7655 mismatched serial number

Well, you ask a lot for first time non-contributing poster.

But that being said you are going to need to get a Xerox tech out that will do a "dc132 Diagnostic routine" which will generate a new identifier code.

Then he will have to fill out a form called "Serial Number Reinitialaztion Request Form" (forgive me if my terminology is a little off I am doing this from memory.)

He then will have to forward it to Xerox who will eventually send
    it back with a password (Security Code) which will reserialize the machine.

This problem is usually avoided by replacing “ONE” board at a time
    then restarting. The machine will then properly serialize the new board.

The problem comes in when you try to replace more than one board at a
    time.

In complete transparency I have done this with a WC7855 not a WC 76XX series, but I believe it’s the same process

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    The Xerox tech i called told me that this process was no longer supported for my machine, since December 2018. I find it very hard to believe that i will not be able to oparate my machine because i do not have a password!! I stored my machine for a time because of space lack and apparently the batteries were depleted.

Ι have been searching a lot on the internet about my problem and i have found it to be solved with the help of xerox, of course for some money. My problem is that the Xerox in my country (Greece) told me he couldn't help me and referred me to the sales department to buy a new machine.

Can anyone help me by giving me a e-mail address (for example in US) to tell my problem and ask help? I cant find it on web site.
    Last edited by gio.oikon; 10-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.

I may be able to shine some light on this issue for you im a current xerox tech and have been for 7 years. What the previous post stated is correct you need your serial to be re-synced for the machine unfortunately... this process has been discontinued for this product it actually states on the form we send in sorry i cant show it (but its an internal document) that support for this model using this process was actually stopped on 12/31/2017. The battery could have even died if not in storage although goes quicker without power to machine (they last about 5yrs avg). Smartest fix would be to replace the machine. It is possible if you had 2 boards from another machine you could possibly put those in at the same time and recover the machine although the serial number would change, but there is no guarantee this will work and may not be possible to recover any of the options like workflow scanning or email that are installed with sim cards. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Check your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdude View Post
    Check your inbox.
    I sent you a mail, and please check your inbox