Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Xerox versalink C405 toner cartridge errors question

Hi Guys, hope you are doing good.

i have this customer that first started getting the 092-319 for (the TC/SAD patch of M is abnormally pale) reinstall the magenta and reboot machine errors. it started happening intermittently with the OEM toner.
    they bought a generic and it started again.

i was there a week or two ago and it looked like the toner drive motor was turning the toners. the magenta copies and developer is extremely light.

i did a few things and they said after a day it was better. but came back.

it acts like there is a CRUM problem, but i see that CRUM errors display a different service code.

and i done know this machine well enough to know if when the machine reboots, it attempts to tone up, and if that fails, it throws the 092-319? but thats all i can get now.

some machines that use CRUM counters on the toner like Ricoh and Lanier color copiers, if the machine fails to tone up after 10 times, if refuses to use the existing toner, and you have to go into service mode to clear out the counter to continue to use the existing toner, and i forget, but maybe even with a new toner. like when the toner pump fails. you change the pump and clear the count.

so, i am wondering if this machine has the same issue? or is this purely a dispensing problem?

i am going to go back armed with the service mode sim code to turn on the developer motor and magenta dispense motor and see if it is actually moving toner.

i really appreciate any help or advice, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox versalink C405 toner cartridge errors question

Re: Xerox versalink C405 toner cartridge errors question

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi Guys, hope you are doing good.

i have this customer that first started getting the 092-319 for (the TC/SAD patch of M is abnormally pale) reinstall the magenta and reboot machine errors. it started happening intermittently with the OEM toner.
    they bought a generic and it started again.
    i was there a week or two ago and it looked like the toner drive motor was turning the toners. the magenta copies and developer is extremely light.
    i did a few things and they said after a day it was better. but came back.
    it acts like there is a CRUM problem, but i see that CRUM errors display a different service code.
    and i done know this machine well enough to know if when the machine reboots, it attempts to tone up, and if that fails, it throws the 092-319? but thats all i can get now.
    some machines that use CRUM counters on the toner like Ricoh and Lanier color copiers, if the machine fails to tone up after 10 times, if refuses to use the existing toner, and you have to go into service mode to clear out the counter to continue to use the existing toner, and i forget, but maybe even with a new toner. like when the toner pump fails. you change the pump and clear the count.
    so, i am wondering if this machine has the same issue? or is this purely a dispensing problem? i am going to go back armed with the service mode sim code to turn on the developer motor and magenta dispense motor and see if it is actually moving toner. i really appreciate any help or advice, Jim
    1) bad idea mixing OEM and compat toner. Compat toner IN ANY machine tends to fuck up the dev units and drums/belts/fusers.

2) IF I go to a customer with CQ/PQ probs, I will not service the unit due to the cost of PROPER repair...

you get what you pay for. Would you put crap oil or gas in YOUR car? not if you want full protection/performance from the car.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Xerox versalink C405 toner cartridge errors question

yea, i can relate. no, i dont use crap supplies in my car. when i was kid, i didnt know of could afford the difference for an old car. but now, i wouldnt even think of it.

and i do sell a lot of junk toner and a lot of OEM. i usually let them decide, and then if it messes the developer up like in the Lanier LD 235/ Ricoh, a very costly waste, then i tell them i wont sell it.

but back to this, i will go back minyanna and see if i can verify that the toner auger is pumping.

Have nice evening Phil