Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Re: Xerox 7525 Blank Screen and Energy Saver Button Enumerated Upon Start-up

Lol, yes & yes! These machines will never fail to take me down a notch (or 10), right when I feel like I know what the heck I’m doing.

Most machines with the micro SD slot use it as a SIM card. Some older machines like this one use it for optional upgrades, possibly like a PostScript option.

The flash memory card, according to the parts diagram looks to be about the size and configuration of laptop memory. It plugs into the SBC (Single Board Controller) ie: main board, on the back of the machine.

No idea where the cheapest place to get one, sorry. Gonna have to eBay or Google it or find a local Xerox dealer. Even a “known good” used one would probably be fine. We use “reclaimed” boards all the time.

Disclaimer: This is a rare model in my territory so I haven’t come across this specific issue on this model. The source is however specific Xerox tech documentation and my experience on similar/related models.

Also, yes, if it were me, I’d forget about the “2” in the seven segment diagnostic display for now. Probably related to the other issue but not sure. One step at a time.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSteve View Post
    Lol, yes & yes! These machines will never fail to take me down a notch (or 10), right when I feel like I know what the heck I’m doing.

Most machines with the micro SD slot use it as a SIM card. Some older machines like this one use it for optional upgrades, possibly like a PostScript option.

The flash memory card, according to the parts diagram looks to be about the size and configuration of laptop memory. It plugs into the SBC (Single Board Controller) ie: main board, on the back of the machine.

No idea where the cheapest place to get one, sorry. Gonna have to eBay or Google it or find a local Xerox dealer. Even a “known good” used one would probably be fine. We use “reclaimed” boards all the time.

Disclaimer: This is a rare model in my territory so I haven’t come across this specific issue on this model. The source is however specific Xerox tech documentation and my experience on similar/related models.
    Got it. So, I should get a new flash memory. I thought you meant the microSD or Sim card piece, thanks for the clarification. There are two memory sticks, one that is up higher by the HDD and is 2gb, and one that is lower and is one 1gb. Also, there is the backup battery that is the lowest on the board and is below the fax card (which I checked the battery component and it had the proper voltage).

The only place I can find the part you indicated (by using the part number identified) is here: https://www.iteminconline.com/960k58...module-oem.htm . Unfortunately, from the image on that site, I cannot tell which memory stick or type it is.

Here is an image of the Board:

Workcentre Board.jpg

Page from the manual itself:

Xerox_Service_Manual_pdf.jpg

From googling flash memory module and checking for the part, the part looks like the memory with the backup battery, see here: 960K73451 - Memory Flash Module (NVM Board) for Xerox(R) WC 7525 - 7556

So, part with battery backup, or one of the 2 Ram pieces?

Thanks again, and I'm sorry for all the questions!

All good, I’m glad you’re doing your due diligence on this. I’ll dig a little deeper when I get a few minutes to see if I can get more clarification.

Ok, typing this quickly, have to get going. A few things:

a) Yes the card with the battery on it. WOW haven't seen this configuration in a while but it is very similar to the older 56xx/57xx series B/W machines.

b) After digging in a little deeper, I feel that there is a distinct possibility that the LVPS (Low Voltage Power Supply) may need to be replaced. I copied a few documents outlining this situation but I cannot send them without editing first.

c) When all is said and done, keep in mind that there is still a possibility that the SBC died. If its anything like some of the more recent models, its possible that the thermal paste between the processor and heat sink wasn't making good contact, so the processor overheated and fried.

d) I tried to attach a PDF with some LVPS diagnostic info but not sure it worked. Other docs will need editing and I'll try to PM them to you vs public post. Probably not until tonight.

Gotta go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know this is an old thread, but my Xerox WC 7525 has this exact problem. I was wondering if it ever got resolved?
    thanx
    KP