Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xerox B9136

Technician

Re: Xerox B9136

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSteve View Post
    (Insert deer eating popcorn gif)

Can’t wait to hear how this turns out. My money is on firmware, then more firmware, then... more firmware...

This was how the Altalink C80xx was introduced.

I could rant on about new machines being released before they’re thoroughly tested, and using the public (and us!) for R&D, etc... but to what end? Logic, reason? Pfffft, crazy talk.
    Techs here all day yesterday, new motors - heater installed? (paper decurling) reasemmbled - is it working - is it .....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Bean counters rule the world, grrrrrr! I hope yours was just a fluke. Thank you for keeping us updated. Sorry for all of your issues with this machine. It’s actually based on a very reliable and tested and true model, the C70. I’m sure your guys got it squared away.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My consensus on being a xerox tech for 27 years is never buy a brand new model machine until it has at least been out a year. Firmware is the usual first issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox B9136

Bean counters rule the world, grrrrrr! I hope yours was just a fluke. Thank you for keeping us updated. Sorry for all of your issues with this machine. It’s actually based on a very reliable and tested and true model, the C70. I’m sure your guys got it squared away.
    The B9000 series and the C70 are both made by Fuji Xerox, but they're not really based on each other... The B9000 series is an evolution of their mid-level B&W production family... 4110->4127->D136->B9136. The C70 is a color machine, and would be one notch below the B9000 series, in terms of workhorse-ness. The C75/J75 or V80/V180 would be more aligned as the color equivalent in terms of product positioning.

They aren't engineered in isolation, of course. There are clear shared technologies, particularly in their paper feeding and accessories. But I think when you said C70 you maybe meant D136...? haha That would be exactly true, that the B9136 is directly based on the tried and true D136.

Not that it matters functionally, but I sure hate their design aesthetic lately, though... Kind of like the depth of their thought process was, "_This_ was blue on the last model, let's make _that_ blue on the new model. That'll look classy, right?"

And of course there have been a couple "Screw it, just make everything blue!" models. *sigh*

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    The B9000 series and the C70 are both made by Fuji Xerox, but they're not really based on each other... The B9000 series is an evolution of their mid-level B&W production family... 4110->4127->D136->B9136. The C70 is a color machine, and would be one notch below the B9000 series, in terms of workhorse-ness. The C75/J75 or V80/V180 would be more aligned as the color equivalent in terms of product positioning.

They aren't engineered in isolation, of course. There are clear shared technologies, particularly in their paper feeding and accessories. But I think when you said C70 you maybe meant D136...? haha That would be exactly true, that the B9136 is directly based on the tried and true D136.

Not that it matters functionally, but I sure hate their design aesthetic lately, though... Kind of like the depth of their thought process was, "_This_ was blue on the last model, let's make _that_ blue on the new model. That'll look classy, right?"

And of course there have been a couple "Screw it, just make everything blue!" models. *sigh*
    I may have had a beer or two when I posted. Thanks for the clarification. And yes... any color you want as long as it’s blue, beige, or blue and beige.

Technician

(Insert deer eating popcorn gif)

Can’t wait to hear how this turns out. My money is on firmware, then more firmware, then... more firmware...

This was how the Altalink C80xx was introduced.

I could rant on about new machines being released before they’re thoroughly tested, and using the public (and us!) for R&D, etc... but to what end? Logic, reason? Pfffft, crazy talk.
    Update on B9136 - tech here for two days, replaced motors, put heaters in, put fans in, changed timing, replaced white feeder tyres with grey ribbed ones, ran for four days, jamming again today. needing a new board but none in the country

Technician

Angry Re: Xerox B9136

Further to B9136 problems, machine is going to removed - can't fix it. Techs say machine is not designed to feed from tray two as main tray. Should have had a high capacity bin so sheet has straight thru feed. No room for that.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox B9136

Quote Originally Posted by Wjameson View Post
    Further to B9136 problems, machine is going to removed - can't fix it. Techs say machine is not designed to feed from tray two as main tray. Should have had a high capacity bin so sheet has straight thru feed. No room for that.
    I'm sure it does fine with "standard" papers, but it is a bummer if they didn't spell that out for you. I know they push coated papers to the HCF trays 5, 6 or 7 vs the built-in 1, 2, 3 and 4.

What type of paper is it that you are having so much trouble with? Coated, or heavyweight? (Or coated heavyweight?)

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox B9136

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    I'm sure it does fine with "standard" papers, but it is a bummer if they didn't spell that out for you. I know they push coated papers to the HCF trays 5, 6 or 7 vs the built-in 1, 2, 3 and 4.

What type of paper is it that you are having so much trouble with? Coated, or heavyweight? (Or coated heavyweight?)

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    another Q I have is WHAT was the paper type defined in the print driver?

does it work properly from the control panel ...

many printers have a problem with heavy coated cardstock.

all this wasn't defined by OP almost a YEAR ago!

Technician

Paper is standard 80 gsm matte copier paper. It appears only to be a problem when feeding from tray 2. If I assign tray 1 as main tray it is fine.