Xerox 700 digital color press

Hey.. I am new to this and praying that I can get some assistance... I have a xerox 700 DCP and it is jamming in areas 1 and 2? prior to the jamming occurring, the guy that cuts my cardstock said that my registration was off.. help please.. been down for 2 weeks and a small business and need this machine.. thanks for anything

bobbie jo

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox 700 digital color press

Quote Originally Posted by pbblueprint View Post
    Hey.. I am new to this and praying that I can get some assistance... I have a xerox 700 DCP and it is jamming in areas 1 and 2? prior to the jamming occurring, the guy that cuts my cardstock said that my registration was off.. help please.. been down for 2 weeks and a small business and need this machine.. thanks for anything bobbie jo
    sounds like you need a certified tech out.. you need parts replaced

how many pages on machine?
    PM's done on time?
    are you sure the paper trays are set to the right size - type - weight?
    what have you done to fix it?

Hey Phil...the machine was purchased out of warranty so all work has been done by myself. It currently has 1,761,386 pages on it.. I have recently replaced the registration drive motor gear and its still jamming.. However.. I just tried card stock to see if there was any change.. Previously I was running plain bond out of all trays and yes, all settings are correct on that end. It will run card stock only in tray 6. I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology.. thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Hey Phil...the machine was purchased out of warranty so all work has been done by myself. It currently has 1,761,386 pages on it.. I have recently replaced the registration drive motor gear and its still jamming.. However.. I just tried card stock to see if there was any change.. Previously I was running plain bond out of all trays and yes, all settings are correct on that end. It will run card stock only in tray 6. I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology.. thanks
    i do believe that you need to run: cardstock, heavy , labels from the MPT (fold down on side)

did you check your owners manual for the gsm - type for paper specs?

sometimes (when newer) it will work from other trays but it is not recommended due to thickness making turns in paper path

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You can give me a call. I live in Roger,AR and am an independent xerox service tech. 714-292-6912

Technician

Hey.. I am new to this and praying that I can get some assistance... I have a xerox 700 DCP and it is jamming in areas 1 and 2? prior to the jamming occurring, the guy that cuts my cardstock said that my registration was off.. help please.. been down for 2 weeks and a small business and need this machine.. thanks for anything

bobbie jo

Did you solve the error? I have the same problem at the moment