Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Xerox 252 010-320 error, freeze when read/write NVM 744-350

Hey All,

I have a Xerox DC 252 with error 010-320 (fuser heat error). When following the NVM read/write protocol ( 744-350 write to 0) the device freezes when I select confirm. The control panel is celebrated, so i am confident that this is not the issue. Have any of you gurus had any experience with this issue and been able to resolve?

Best Regards,

Anthony

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Re: Xerox 252 010-320 error, freeze when read/write NVM 744-350

252 is an older machine, I haven’t had the pleasure of working on one. But, when a machine does something strange like this I start to think of firmware or NVM corruption. I would hesitate to reset the NVM though on this one. I THINK (I could be wrong) that you would have to go back through all the paper registration adjustments, and probably other set-up items as well. That could be a real pain in the ass unless you know what your doing.

My advice would be to create a clone of the current configuration first, then download the latest firmware. You could do an “update” via the web interface vs an “altboot” and like that you won’t reset the current configuration. After the update try going back in to change the fuser NVM you mentioned.

Like I said, I’ve not worked on this particular model so these are just my thoughts from working on similar, newer Xerox machines.

Technician

Re: Xerox 252 010-320 error, freeze when read/write NVM 744-350

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSteve View Post
    252 is an older machine, I haven’t had the pleasure of working on one. But, when a machine does something strange like this I start to think of firmware or NVM corruption. I would hesitate to reset the NVM though on this one. I THINK (I could be wrong) that you would have to go back through all the paper registration adjustments, and probably other set-up items as well. That could be a real pain in the ass unless you know what your doing.

My advice would be to create a clone of the current configuration first, then download the latest firmware. You could do an “update” via the web interface vs an “altboot” and like that you won’t reset the current configuration. After the update try going back in to change the fuser NVM you mentioned.

Like I said, I’ve not worked on this particular model so these are just my thoughts from working on similar, newer Xerox machines.
    I'll give that a shot. Much appreciated!