Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox 242 lost connection to Bustled Fiery Have CD's how do i Install

Hi All
    I have lost connection to Bustled Fiery, I have the attached screen showing the status of bustled firey, I have been told it could be software issue, does anyone know how to install I have the CD's.
    Dan

20191114_170359_resized.jpg20191114_170419_resized.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox 242 lost connection to Bustled Fiery Have CD's how do i Install

Re: Xerox 242 lost connection to Bustled Fiery Have CD's how do i Install

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe Image View Post
    Hi All
    I have lost connection to Bustled Fiery, I have the attached screen showing the status of bustled firey, I have been told it could be software issue, does anyone know how to install I have the CD's.
    Dan
    The CDs go into your Windows desktop (or laptop) computer, and you install from there, over a crossover cable to the Fiery. When you run the installer, on your main computer, it gives you directions.

The "Ok, booting the kernel." message is always the last thing you will see on the monitor with this model Fiery, even when it is working properly. That nothing shows up after that does not indicate anything is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    The CDs go into your Windows desktop (or laptop) computer, and you install from there, over a crossover cable to the Fiery. When you run the installer, on your main computer, it gives you directions.

The "Ok, booting the kernel." message is always the last thing you will see on the monitor with this model Fiery, even when it is working properly. That nothing shows up after that does not indicate anything is wrong.
    Hi Caffeine
    Do you think it could be hardware instead?
    Dan

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe Image View Post
    Hi All
    Dan

20191114_170359_resized.jpg20191114_170419_resized.jpg
    thats BIOS information from your FIERY Server. and evrithing are fine.

I never play re install on that model, i always do backup with CD Backup using USB prep. but if you consider to re install just do as Caffeine says or you can do it with usb prep too...
    USB prep is more faster than crossover cable. you just plug into usb slot of fiery device and follow the instruction.

Back to your problem ".,,,Lost Connection"
    1. have you tried to ping the host name or IP of your Fiery ?? if you can reach it that means fine, try to ping with other PC
    2. as long as your FIERY able to connect with the machine (scan and network enable) its fine. so if your LAN socket lamp does not ON try to check LAN cable. or you can check the LAN socket inside FIERY

Regards