Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with Xerox Workcenter 7225i

I have a Xerox Workcenter 7225i, the problem is as follows.

Problem with ADF .

Whenever i place document\s in the ADF, a message something like that is prompted

Please choose the flatbed or the ADF to continue. We cannot use the ADF

When i remove the document , this message is no longer displayed.

Question :- I think that the sensor is still good because the ADf can detect my documents but still why does the system asking to make a choice.
    Is there a configuration setting to set it Auto as ADF sense paper. Or is there a problem with the ADF.

Problem with printing

We have three computers printing to that Xerox printer on the network , we have installed the latest printer driver .
    We have notice that very seldom , if we print to the printer , no documents come out of the printer. We have to restart the printer ( Cold boot) and then documents are printed

Your help and advise would be most appreciated.

Re: Problem with Xerox Workcenter 7225i

make sure there is no ip conflict...when your printing problem occurs turn off your machine and ping it if it responds then you have a ip conflict...seen this a lot

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

The adf / glass issue is the sensor that detects the lid being up/down. You can usually get away with taping a penny or similar, over the area where the black plunger hits so that it activates sooner.

The official fix is a hinge repair mod kit

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

A). Are you getting a message that states that “Printing and copying have been disabled” ?

B). How was the printer added for network printing? If it’s using WSD port, well there’s your problem right there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    The adf / glass issue is the sensor that detects the lid being up/down. You can usually get away with taping a penny or similar, over the area where the black plunger hits so that it activates sooner.

The official fix is a hinge repair mod kit

hi. can you please post a picture of that hinge repair mod kit?

I'm curious and would like to know more about that repair/mod kit for the left hinge I presume

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    hi. can you please post a picture of that hinge repair mod kit?

I'm curious and would like to know more about that repair/mod kit for the left hinge I presume
    I won't be back at my laptop to find the Edoc bulletin until the weekend but basically it's as follows.

The hinge is too strong and the plastic too thin so you get warping and cracking. The only sign initially is the error about originals and then with extended continued usage you will see the cracking.

The innovator kit contains metal brackets, bolts, screws and a drill bit which goes on your screwdriver. You drill the plastic and attach the metal plates to strengthen the hinge surrounds.

Will post the innovator part no when I can but it's worth ordering just for the screwdriver drill bit they send you, which has helped me since with countless field bodges

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I won't be back at my laptop to find the Edoc bulletin until the weekend but basically it's as follows.

The hinge is too strong and the plastic too thin so you get warping and cracking. The only sign initially is the error about originals and then with extended continued usage you will see the cracking.

The innovator kit contains metal brackets, bolts, screws and a drill bit which goes on your screwdriver. You drill the plastic and attach the metal plates to strengthen the hinge surrounds.

Will post the innovator part no when I can but it's worth ordering just for the screwdriver drill bit they send you, which has helped me since with countless field bodges

all right. i'm having the same problem too. okay. i will wait for your edoc bulletin. thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Problem with  Xerox Workcenter 7225i

There are a Right & Left Repair Kit Mods.

I have posted both.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

You can usually get away with taping a penny or similar, over the area where the black plunger hits so that it activates sooner.
    Don't use this Repair Kit, just do what jhalfhide says ;-)
    It's the best and easiest way to repair it.

Just press the back left on the DADF before doing anything. So you can easily test if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbele View Post
    Don't use this Repair Kit, just do what jhalfhide says ;-)
    It's the best and easiest way to repair it.

Just press the back left on the DADF before doing anything. So you can easily test if it works.
    We do that most of the time now but if they're heavy glass users, the hinge eventually goes. We've done 2 machines with the full repair kit. The rest have a small square of thick car numberplate tape on them