Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 5540I Registration

I'm needing to align lead edge and side edge registration. I've entered service mode, logged in, gone to maintenance/diagnostics and registration. According to the service manual I should get these options - • Tray 5 (By Pass) Guide Adjustment,• Regi : Meansuring Cycle,• Registration Control Senser Check Cycle,• Registration Control-Setup Cycle,• System Registration Adjustment,• Mearnseure Paper Path timing.
    All are there except "System Registration Adjustment", so I can't adjust lead edge or side edge registration.
    I've looked at DC129 and ADJ 9.1.1. Printed the test pattern no 1 for measurement, and looked at chain link 742-001 to 52 but not sure how those work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox 5540I Registration

Re: Xerox 5540I Registration

Quote Originally Posted by The Dancer View Post
    I'm needing to align lead edge and side edge registration. I've entered service mode, logged in, gone to maintenance/diagnostics and registration. According to the service manual I should get these options - • Tray 5 (By Pass) Guide Adjustment,• Regi : Meansuring Cycle,• Registration Control Senser Check Cycle,• Registration Control-Setup Cycle,• System Registration Adjustment,• Mearnseure Paper Path timing.
    All are there except "System Registration Adjustment", so I can't adjust lead edge or side edge registration.
    I've looked at DC129 and ADJ 9.1.1. Printed the test pattern no 1 for measurement, and looked at chain link 742-001 to 52 but not sure how those work.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    you did log in as admin right?

did you get any prints out of machine?
    post them here...

what does that Chain tell you in the manual?
    are you a trained Xerox tech?

Technician

Hi Phil

Yes, logged in as Admin - can't get to that point (Maintenance/Diagnostic) unless you do.

Machine is running fine - just lead edge and side edge reg way out on prints and copies.

I'm not a trained Xerox tech but owned a company selling and servicing (8 techs) Sharp and Kyocera machines, (and a copycentre) but not Xerox.

The System Registration Adjustment option should surely be available (at least according to the service manual (it is on the 7760 machine which seems to be just a larger [and later] version of the same machine).

The chain links refer to 'Lead Regi Adjustment = Registration operation start timing' for the various trays and paper weights, but don't know how those chain links work (even though I can get into the chain link input screen).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you did log in as admin right?

did you get any prints out of machine?
    post them here...

what does that Chain tell you in the manual?
    are you a trained Xerox tech?

there are 2 kinds of adjustments in xerox...

1 IOT
    2 Individual trays

and pre requisites before beginning adjustments..

are you sure you have the correct manual coz adjusting LE and SE is kinda tricky in xerox especially if your doing it in UI panel

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by howling View Post
    there are 2 kinds of adjustments in xerox...

1 IOT
    2 Individual trays

and pre requisites before beginning adjustments..

are you sure you have the correct manual coz adjusting LE and SE is kinda tricky in xerox especially if your doing it in UI panel
    Thanks for your response.
    I've attached a page from the service manual - which has 2896 pages. Seems pretty clear. However information on how to adjust the registration is not. It's well out from all trays on the lead edge and miles out on side to side from the bypass.
    Any pointers would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yep its a Tarzan series but there are pre requisites first for the adjustment and if you are not trained might as well call a tech to do it otherwise youll just go crazy

here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

I've spoken with two Xerox techs who have come to work on our J75 and they don't have any idea how to tackle the registration issue. I've worked on many different copiers over the years - self taught but with techs who worked for me, so I'm willing to "go crazy".
    I can't read the images you sent, so can you email me? chris@digiciopy.nz.
    Thanks so much for your help.