Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Finally I am back in Riga. For 4 days. They will prove crucial.

I brought an empty 160Gb Seagate 2.5" HDD. Copied ColorQube_9301-9303_system-sw#07218000907200#.DLM onto an empty 4gb USB drive into folder ALTBOOT and printer picked the new HDD and USB straight away.

All so good but after fresh install, it is where it was. Printer says it is ready to print but shows not enough resources and once the trays are opened and closed, shows 0 resources. The A4 tray paper stack receeds on opening and does not lift up after closing.

It displays the scanner fault message and the resaurce plan warning. Also given that waste ink trays are empty, it has not warmed the inks either.

I will try the service menu reset now.

Update:
    Fault history in service mode among other things shows 388-522-00 Preheat thermistor failure
    and
    399-736-00 ThermistoreMediaPreheatOpen

I will shut it down and check the replaced heater unit for any left open anything.

Also about scanner it says
    362-310-00 IISS/Scanner -Controller comunication Fail

On exit from Service menu it says Call for assistance quoting 088-502 Error Code

Update2

I checked the replaced pre-heater and found out that there are only 2 wires out of 4 connected.
    So I reconnected them and turned the printer on and there is minor improvement.

While it still asks for all new settings including if it is on customer site but now after going through wizard it lifts the trays and has started to heat the ink. The room smells molten candlevax.

I am not sure if this is good news as this means that it will poor tens of grams of ink into waste on each restart.

If it prints now, at least the way it did before, the problems to sort will be

- scanner fault
    - resources plan
    - settings reset

Hey, it just struck me, among error messages there was one about NVM POST something with comment about possibly dead battery.

So that much I have figured (whats causing resets). Please help me with the paper plan and scanner fault and where to stick the new battery when I buy it!

Update3

Hurray, it printed the Head Cleaning pages. I will leave it for tonight and wait for your answers.
    Last edited by kurbads; 01-26-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Technician

Update4

The printer works now. It printed the 4000 pages of courtesy period which luckily was reset on printer full restart.

It still asks for all intro settings on power on like if it is on customer or distribution site, date and time, units etc.

I suspect that is NVM battery. The scanner still does not work.

Interestingly before it goes into restart to warm up the inks, it says scan and copy servies available but after restart it complains about the scanner error.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    Update4

The printer works now. It printed the 4000 pages of courtesy period which luckily was reset on printer full restart.

It still asks for all intro settings on power on like if it is on customer or distribution site, date and time, units etc.

Interestingly before it goes into restart to warm up the inks, it says scan and copy servies available but after restart it complains about the scanner error.
    Sounds like the cabling for the scanner to mcu is not connected.

Did you load North American firmware on this unit? It sounds you did. That would explain the 4000 sheet message. If it was activated European you need to stay European.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    Update4

Little Yellow battery is bad.

If you loaded north American firmware you are better off just getting a battery + north American nvm chip. Or load European firmware.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk