Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Hi, as suggested in another thread, I ordered a pre-heater for my ColorQube as it had the 089-520 error. Unfortunately the replacement part which arrived has a missing rolling pump.

Could anybody suggest anything about moving the pump over to the new part.

Also the reason why I was suggested to get a new part was because it supposedly had sensor cap debonded which does not seem to be the case.

Maybe if it is not the cap, it is something else? What could it be? Can I assemble one working part from two non-working parts?

Please anybody with any remote ideas chip in.

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    Last edited by kurbads; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:43 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    Hi, as suggested in another thread, I ordered a pre-heater for my ColorQube as it had the 089-520 error. Unfortunately the replacement part which arrived has a missing rolling pump.

Also the reason why I was suggested to get a new part was because it supposedly had sensor cap debonded which does not seem to be the case.

Maybe if it is not the cap, it is something else? What could it be? Can I assemble one working part from two non-working parts?

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    The rolling pump was deleted in later pre-heater models! Plug the new pre heater assembly in and away you go!

If you look closely you will see the newer unit has a series of springs to pressure the plates. Much improved.

This has lead to funny service calls where the tech has assumed someone stole a part out of the machine! I have seen people get quite upset after being accused of losing it! lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    As for it not being the cap... it could be any of the associated gear train. Exactly why the piece is spared as a whole and not as individual plastic pieces. It could also be a weak pre heater motor.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk