Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Hi, as suggested in another thread, I ordered a pre-heater for my ColorQube as it had the 089-520 error. Unfortunately the replacement part which arrived has a missing rolling pump.

Could anybody suggest anything about moving the pump over to the new part.

Also the reason why I was suggested to get a new part was because it supposedly had sensor cap debonded which does not seem to be the case.

Maybe if it is not the cap, it is something else? What could it be? Can I assemble one working part from two non-working parts?

Please anybody with any remote ideas chip in.

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    Last edited by kurbads; 11-29-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: ColorQube 9303 pre-heater rolling pump

Quote Originally Posted by kurbads View Post
    Hi, as suggested in another thread, I ordered a pre-heater for my ColorQube as it had the 089-520 error. Unfortunately the replacement part which arrived has a missing rolling pump.

Also the reason why I was suggested to get a new part was because it supposedly had sensor cap debonded which does not seem to be the case.

Maybe if it is not the cap, it is something else? What could it be? Can I assemble one working part from two non-working parts?

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    The rolling pump was deleted in later pre-heater models! Plug the new pre heater assembly in and away you go!

If you look closely you will see the newer unit has a series of springs to pressure the plates. Much improved.

This has lead to funny service calls where the tech has assumed someone stole a part out of the machine! I have seen people get quite upset after being accused of losing it! lol.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg
    As for it not being the cap... it could be any of the associated gear train. Exactly why the piece is spared as a whole and not as individual plastic pieces. It could also be a weak pre heater motor.

Technician

Thank you. There is another problem. The only time I was able to run the HDD upgrade on an empty drive was when I did it on a blank SSD.

The upgrade with blank HDD does not work. Nor on a blank SSD anymore for that matter. I have cloned the SSD contents on HDD but it behaved exactly the same so I deleted the HDD contents and tried the upgrade again on blank drive but it does not happen. The upgrade on a HDD with non-operatinal system also does not work.

Besides the upgrade which went along has some account management and asks me to contact Xerox with serial number of the printer to obtain a validation code to remove a 5000 page restriction which after several unsuccessful restarts reduced down to 4000.

I would like to install fresh version of OS which would not have the printed page management and which would be either 6xxx version or 7xxx version as I noticed that the upgrade to 7xxx does not do any good. The scanner still does not work and also whole printer does not work exactly it did not work with the old 6xxx version and the old pre-heater.

So my question is how did you put the FW files on the USB stick? What did go into Altboot folder and what else did go where. E.g. did you need Upgrade folder at all? And how do you insert the USB, before you turn on the printer with blank HDD or after? Because it just boots, blinks the USB few times and restarts repeatedly.

I also tried to remove the network cable to prevent it from looking for upgrade files on FTP server but that also did not help. As when inserting upgrade USB while booted into OS, it would sometime showed message "Creating Altboot", went into restart and did nothing.

Sorry for so many questions. It is just there is lot on my plate. And I do not know were to start. Especially because I am in UK and will visit Latvia for 4 days at end of January to attempt revive the printer for the last time. If no, it goes to scrap.

Please could you enumerate my questions (at least the answerable ones) and answer them one at a time?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

160gb to 250gb sata mechanical drive only. Ssd will cause trouble.

Fat 32 formatted usb 2.0 stick only. Recommend 8gb. Newer usb 3.0 will fail.

Create ALTBOOT directory in root of stick. Place downloaded fw contents in folder. Create 0 byte upgrade option file as specified in the other altboot thread in this forum. Power on machine with your new blank hard drive and it will be fine.

Worry about the page count message once you get up and running.

Printer will be fine if you follow instructions as listed. You can also ask here when you are there if you run into trouble.

Technician

I have asked a friends son, a teenager there, who agreed to help. He installed the new heater but he says that it still shows the 089-520 error.

I will ask him to try and connect the empty 250Gb HDD and try and make a usb flash. The one he uses is a 4Gb one. And it did work the last time.

I can't put a finger on it what are we doing differently this time.

How do I worry about page limit later? Is it common for all connect key FW versions? Or are there versions without it? May I take care about it in advance?
    Last edited by kurbads; 01-07-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have asked a friends son, a teenager there, who agreed to help. He installed the new heater but he says that it still shows the 089-520 error.

I will ask him to try and connect the empty 250Gb HDD and try and make a usb flash. The one he uses is a 4Gb one. And it did work the last time.

I can't put a finger on it what are we doing differently this time.

How do I worry about page limit later? Is it common for all connect key FW versions? Or are there versions without it? May I take care about it in advance?
    89-520 is going to show until you clear the error codes in the service mode.

4gb should be fine. Try others too.

Until you load new firmware, I cannot help with the other issues. You need firmware and the service mode.

Thank you in advance!

20191129_105750.jpg

Hi
    Don't bother too much your problem is registration assembly out of order

Xerox order code :
    801K37710 Registration/Preheat assembly (complete)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by zagrex View Post
    Hi
    Don't bother too much your problem is registration assembly out of order

Xerox order code :
    801K37710 Registration/Preheat assembly (complete)
    Thank you for your reply!

Is it not the part I just replaced? And how I do not bother? Not bother to fix the printer of not bother that there is a problem?

How do I contact Xerox to remove the limit on number of pages I can print after the upgrade?

By the way, the boy does not see the error anymore but he says that the HDD I had there seams to be dead. I am urging him to get one somewhere. If he manages, how do you reset error in Service mode? Let alone, how do you enter the service mode? This is the first time I hear the ColorQubes have service modes.

Is it this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    You don't need diagnostic software for this machine, it has built in diagnostics.

To enter diagnostics mode:
    Press and hold the # , *, STOP keys.
    Enter passcode 1991 then Enter.
    What do I do in it? At what point do I press it?

Thank you!
    Last edited by kurbads; 01-14-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for your reply!

Is it not the part I just replaced? And how I do not bother? Not bother to fix the printer of not bother that there is a problem?

How do I contact Xerox to remove the limit on number of pages I can print after the upgrade?

By the way, the boy does not see the error anymore but he says that the HDD I had there seams to be dead. I am urging him to get one somewhere. If he manages, how do you reset error in Service mode? Let alone, how do you enter the service mode? This is the first time I hear the ColorQubes have service modes.

Is it this one:

What do I do in it? At what point do I press it?

Thank you!
    You have replaced the part. You do not need to replace the part again.

That is correct to enter the service mode.

First you need to get replacement hard drive, then come back here and make a report. After that we can address the print limit.