Thread: xerox

xerox

Hello to everyone
    I can help if you have any need about Xerox machines (software,e-doc,etc)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox

Re: xerox

I appreciate the invitation and it could not have happened at a better time, as we just inherited a Xerox Work station 7225. Long story short the machine used to be serviced by Xerox but no longer is and was on a billing cycle though Xerox "metered account". I went to the machine today and the control panel says, "ready to scan. copying and printing not available. Black toner is not compatible. No communications with XeroxSMart esolutions server."
    From what I read and understand is that this machine used to be a metered machine but since canceling the service with Xerox it is now a "billable" machine.
    My question is, Do I need to order a black toner due to the chip being a metered chip? And if that is the case, I would assume that after replacing the black, I am sure it is going to ask for the color toners as well. Plus, I have not even been able to make a test print to see how the output pages look.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I appreciate the invitation and it could not have happened at a better time, as we just inherited a Xerox Work station 7225. Long story short the machine used to be serviced by Xerox but no longer is and was on a billing cycle though Xerox "metered account". I went to the machine today and the control panel says, "ready to scan. copying and printing not available. Black toner is not compatible. No communications with XeroxSMart esolutions server."
    From what I read and understand is that this machine used to be a metered machine but since canceling the service with Xerox it is now a "billable" machine.
    My question is, Do I need to order a black toner due to the chip being a metered chip? And if that is the case, I would assume that after replacing the black, I am sure it is going to ask for the color toners as well. Plus, I have not even been able to make a test print to see how the output pages look.

Hi
    First of all, the problem does not arise from the Xerox SMart esolutions server.
    follow this path to solve the problem.
    1 : Remove all toner cartridges from the machine first.
    2 : then you must perform Alt Boot - forced upgrade to the machine (toner cartridges should not be installed in the machine during these operations)
    3 : when the software installation is finished, insert it into the machine starting from the cyan toner cartridge (close and reinstall the front cover of the machine each time a cartridge is installed)
    4 : Mark Xerox SMart esolutions enrolled from the web interface.
    The problem will solved.

Note : Altboot procedure.

1. Create a top level folder on the USB Flash drive named AltBoot (not case sensitive).
      Forced AltBoot only: Create a file named FORCED_UPGRADE inside the altboot folder. This is an empty file and must not have an extension; the AltBoot routine only checks to see that a file with this name is present. To create the empty file:

• Open the AltBoot folder
      • In a blank area of the screen, right click and select “New”.
      • Select “Text Document”.
      • The name “New Text Document.txt” will be highlighted.
      • Type “FORCED_UPGRADE” and hit “Enter”.
      • A pop-up with the message “If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?” will appear.
      • Click on ”Yes”.

To eliminate carryover of corrupt data, also create a file called DISABLE_DATA_BACKUP (case sensitive with no file extension). This prevents the NC from keeping data normally retained through an AltBoot.
    2. Copy the unzipped WorkCentre_7200-system-sw#pppmmmyyydddrr#.dlm file into the AltBoot folder on the USB Flash drive. Make sure that there is only one “.dlm” file in the Altboot folder.
      NOTE:
      Ensure the Microsoft Windows Safely remove hardware procedure is followed before the USB Flash drive is removed.

3. Insert the USB Flash drive into the system.
    4. Use dC361 to save NVM settings. Verify NVM data was saved to the USB Flash drive.(not required)
      NOTE:
      The same USB Flash drive that has the “.dlm” file can be used to store NVM data.

5. Perform GP 13 Network Clone Procedure. (not required)
    6. If possible, complete or delete all pending print jobs. If the prints jobs cannot be deleted, warn the customer that all pending jobs will be lost.
    7. Switch the system Off using both power switches.
    8. Switch On the system. The Altboot process starts automatically. No button presses are required to initiate the Altboot.
    9. The upgrade start screen is displayed,
      NOTE:
      Occasionally a USB Flash drive is incompatible with the system and the upgrade start screen, is continually displayed. If after 10 minutes the screen has not changed, replace the USB flash drive with a Xerox approved model. Restart the process.

10. The upgrade begins and the progress screen opens in approximately 2 minutes,
      NOTE:
      If the upgrade process screen is not displayed after 4 minutes, restart the process.

11. The AltBoot process should complete after approximately 5 minutes and the AltBoot complete screen opens, Follow the on screen instructions.
    12. If the AltBoot process fails, the AltBoot failed screen opens, Follow the on screen instructions. Restart the procedure and troubleshoot as necessary.
      NOTE:
      Do not switch the system Off unless directed to on the UI. During the next 2 reboots, the hard drive is encrypted. Switching the system off can result in partial encryption of the hard drive. The AltBoot process may need to be re-run if power is removed at this step.

13. The system reboots several times before returning to a ready state. In some instances, a second upgrade progress screen may appear, or the Data Encryption/Decryption in progress screen, . If a power On failure screen appears, switch off, then switch on the machine.
    14. Check that the software set has installed. Refer to the printed software upgrade report, or by pressing the Status button

good luck...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox

Thank you, Zagrex. I will give it a whirl.