Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FreeFlow (on 700) C16-352: System Error w/ Printer Initializing persisting

Re: FreeFlow (on 700) C16-352: System Error w/ Printer Initializing persisting

Quote Originally Posted by msheno01 View Post
    The license expired Feb 28,2020 and date in system is backdated to Jan. 7th, 2020
    You need a new license. The system will not recognize the current one because it has expired. Even if you return the date. Before applying for the license, set the date to the actual date.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just buy a LifeTime license and be done with the backdating aggravation.

License is identical to Xerox,, just never expires. 24 hour turn.

Nuvera, DocuTech (the few that are left), and any DocuColor

JorgeXcalak@live.com or PM

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by msheno01 View Post
    So I was able to resolve the issue. For thoes in the future who have the issue, you need to enable ACHI legacy mode on the same BIOS screen.

My question now is that even though I reset the time to an earlier date, the license still expired. Any idea how to make it read the new date?

appreciate it.

I know its an old discussion, I found this great topic, since i am trying to figure out my own freeflow problem (Freeflow server problem).
    FF License is great things to think and learn how it works.
    it can not to be done with change the date on the system, since FF server has a private key to initial each fetures. The license it self has a structure to be read by license manager (vendor - Feature name - software version - license - mmddyy - Hostid). since FF runs on Unix OS, so you can access license file into /opt/XRXnps/etc/license.dat

back to the topic,"How to make it read the new date" ???,
    use FLEXlm by macrovision. but i have no found yet the exactly suitable for FF License. but from learning FLEXlm it self, there is BORROW menu in it. so it means we can use other license to be installed into other machine. and i have done with this........its works 100%.

Regards

Reversing Goal 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nickjabbour View Post
    So, this has just come about. Seems to have arrived out of nowhere. Uploaded a print job, and noticed that status was stuck in the Active list with a status of 'Waiting for Printer'.

Subsequently, the printer threw a code twice, which was cleared with a power cycle.

Now, on boot, the server will occasionally stop on a screen referencing a license. A power cycle seems to continue to boot into the server on the second attempt. Freeflow now persistently shows "System Error" in the message area, with service code C16-352.

I've shut down both units and started one after the other and the other after the one. Disconnected and reconnected each from power. Checked the SCSI cable. Reversed the SCSI cable. Unseated and re-seated the SCSI card in the server.

Nada.

Help? Thanks!!
    Hello
    You can fix the problem by reinstalling the system software.
    The source of the problem is sudden and short-term power outage.
    bios chip give time and date map and write so in backup/archive

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The C16-352 code is a simple server - IOT failure to communicate. Normally resolved with the actions you have already taken (a connectivity issue), it can also be a low voltage failure in the machine , or some slot issue in the server itself.

If the interface card in the machine doesn't have power, it cannot talk to the card in the server. We used to see this in the old DocuTech 61XX

So, open the server, clean it out good with compressed air, paying particular attention to the heat sink and fan. Reseat memory and the interface card cabled to the 700.

Do the same thing on the 700, and verify that power is available to the interface card.

Cables DO fail,, wires pull out of pins, machines are moved with the servers attached.

I'm not aware that there is a license problem associated with a C16-352. I did this for a long time,, saw a lot of frustrating C15-352's I had a 252 in Boise , Idaho that would do it intermittently, lose the job. When it was rebooted it would continue to work for some indeterminate period of time. We've all had one or more of these

It turned out to be a defective cable.