Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

FreeFlow (on 700) C16-352: System Error w/ Printer Initializing persisting

So, this has just come about. Seems to have arrived out of nowhere. Uploaded a print job, and noticed that status was stuck in the Active list with a status of 'Waiting for Printer'.

Subsequently, the printer threw a code twice, which was cleared with a power cycle.

Now, on boot, the server will occasionally stop on a screen referencing a license. A power cycle seems to continue to boot into the server on the second attempt. Freeflow now persistently shows "System Error" in the message area, with service code C16-352.

I've shut down both units and started one after the other and the other after the one. Disconnected and reconnected each from power. Checked the SCSI cable. Reversed the SCSI cable. Unseated and re-seated the SCSI card in the server.

Nada.

Help? Thanks!!

Re: FreeFlow (on 700) C16-352: System Error w/ Printer Initializing persisting

Quote Originally Posted by nickjabbour View Post
    So, this has just come about. Seems to have arrived out of nowhere. Uploaded a print job, and noticed that status was stuck in the Active list with a status of 'Waiting for Printer'.

Subsequently, the printer threw a code twice, which was cleared with a power cycle.

Now, on boot, the server will occasionally stop on a screen referencing a license. A power cycle seems to continue to boot into the server on the second attempt. Freeflow now persistently shows "System Error" in the message area, with service code C16-352.

I've shut down both units and started one after the other and the other after the one. Disconnected and reconnected each from power. Checked the SCSI cable. Reversed the SCSI cable. Unseated and re-seated the SCSI card in the server.

Nada.

Help? Thanks!!
    hi
    your problem is bios battery.
    Chance batery problem will solved

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by zagrex View Post
    hi
    your problem is bios battery.
    Chance batery problem will solved
    Thanks so much! I was really hoping that that would do it, but I pulled the board battery and replaced it with a new one, as well as tested the existing, which showed a strong charge.

After booting with new battery, is now currently hanging on

"Sun Release 5.10 Version etc etc etc
    Copyright etc etc etc
    User is subject to license terms

*flashing cursor*"

Any other ideas? Boot up gives me options to auto-repair amongst others in BIOS, but I don't know the first thing about Linux, so not keen to open that can of worms for nothing.

Technician

Hi Did you ever figure out how to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by nickjabbour View Post
    Thanks so much! I was really hoping that that would do it, but I pulled the board battery and replaced it with a new one, as well as tested the existing, which showed a strong charge.

After booting with new battery, is now currently hanging on

"Sun Release 5.10 Version etc etc etc
    Copyright etc etc etc
    User is subject to license terms

*flashing cursor*"

Any other ideas? Boot up gives me options to auto-repair amongst others in BIOS, but I don't know the first thing about Linux, so not keen to open that can of worms for nothing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi
    did you set the date in BIOS when you changed the battery

Technician

Yes sir I did. I reset to back to what it was original but the bios date is non-changeable for some reason.
    Once it does load to the boot options, I see the options in the screenshot. I tried all of them but they either loop restarting or the failsafe brings up the console command.
    i attached screenshots

20200305_150035.jpg20200305_145857.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

not the BIOS date but the system date.
    In this BIOS Page there is only one 160GB HDD. But what I Know this server have two 250GB HDD. one for the operating system and aplications (solaris and the FF aplication) and the other one for spooler. . maybe the configuration changed when you replace the battery..

Technician

So I was able to resolve the issue. For thoes in the future who have the issue, you need to enable ACHI legacy mode on the same BIOS screen.

My question now is that even though I reset the time to an earlier date, the license still expired. Any idea how to make it read the new date?

appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorTch View Post
    not the BIOS date but the system date.
    In this BIOS Page there is only one 160GB HDD. But what I Know this server have two 250GB HDD. one for the operating system and aplications (solaris and the FF aplication) and the other one for spooler. . maybe the configuration changed when you replace the battery..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msheno01 View Post
    So I was able to resolve the issue. For thoes in the future who have the issue, you need to enable ACHI legacy mode on the same BIOS screen.

My question now is that even though I reset the time to an earlier date, the license still expired. Any idea how to make it read the new date?

appreciate it.
    when is the date of license expiration and what is the date on server now.

Technician

The license expired Feb 28,2020 and date in system is backdated to Jan. 7th, 2020