Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Colour issue (banding/arcing) on Xerox C75 Press

Hi All, hope someone can offer some help...

Have a C75 which is working like a charm. Recently we had a grinding noise coming from the back on and off. I was away and my colleague printed a big job with the grinding noise. When I returned I tried to locate it and in the process of doing so found that the Cyan Developer unit had "Seized up" as it wont turn no more, so also the Cyan Drum. (I got an error message that the DEV motor failed to turn.)

Upon close inspection I found that there was an accumulation of toner at the toner exit of the drum and dev unit which had probably heated up from friction and melted into a chunck. I carefully removed the units, replaced the drum unit altogether.

Opened up the cyan unit, collected the developer in it and removed the obstruction. After this i poured the collected developer through a fine sive to remove any bigger chunks and retured the developer back to the housing, closed it and reinstalled the developer unit.

Now when I print I get theses bands on Cyan (see uploaded pics - leader edge is where the cyan is closest to the short edge of the paper). The bands are differently spaced, the more consistent ones are about 15cm. It also seems to have a distinct pattern on the one side (003,004) - It appears more toner with two whiter lines, in front and behind it.

What could cause this to happen - is the dev unit perhaps faulty from the damage, or perhaps the Mag Roll. I have already replaced the drum unit and the problem still persists.

Is it possible to swap the dev units around to see if the problem follows it (will have to close the toner inlet chute to avoid contamination).

Any suggestions?

(I removed the entire toner exit tubings and cleaned them all out very well and replaced the assy.)001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Re: Colour issue (banding/arcing) on Xerox C75 Press

I've seen something similar before that turned out to be the charge roller and I would check the developer drive gears for wear. Good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The waste toner recycling tube is probably bound up.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Colour issue (banding/arcing) on Xerox C75 Press

what are the page counts on service parts?

genuine toners/drums?

machine cleaned out?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Machine is cleaned out and the exit tubes are all silver clean. There is a bit of wear on the rollers of the dev housing. I swapped the cyan with the magenta housing yesterday and the problem followed the dev housing, so it is the housing then.

However, today I got hold of a friend who also has a C75 and I borrowed his Cyan Dev unit and put it into mine and now the machines comes up with error 041-326 Belt home position too long. Have already cleaned the belt, the silver sticker, the sensor, twice - the error code persists!!! What is wrong now again?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

In searching I found a previous post "Error 042-326" dealing with this error - can reset it with NVM 741-132 set to 0
    Tried and its booting up - now the dev unit change and test...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Problems solved: Got a new Dev housing - the gears were somewhat worn out - and away went the banding issue.

Thanks you for the input

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Colour issue (banding/arcing) on Xerox C75 Press

Quote Originally Posted by makutzi View Post
    Problems solved: Got a new Dev housing - the gears were somewhat worn out - and away went the banding issue.

Thanks you for the input
    CONGRATS!