Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Xerox 1000 Diagnostic tool

Hi All

A while back I was looking for the diagnostic tool called PC Diag for our X1000 press. No one seems to have heard of it as all referred me to the Xerox Diagnostic tool. We had to re-install the PC UI and with it comes a Diagnostic tool with a 10 day working period after which a Xerox code of sorts (license) needs to be obtained at great cost - if a non tech can even get it. (Pic 1 and 3 it can be seen on the desktop and also started)

I have now managed to revive a drive which we got with the machine and on it is a PC Diag tool (see attachments) and also Numerous software for the PCUI and firmware etc. I attach screen shots of the software directory too -

How to install the PC Diag program on my new PCUI remains a challenge - in the instructions it says you install it with the password format DD-MM-YY or YY-MM-DD - a date reference but which date?

Maybe someone has some help to offer please

screen5.jpgscreen4.jpgscreen3.jpgScreen1.jpg

Technician
    Xerox 1000 Diagnostic tool

Re: Xerox 1000 Diagnostic tool

Let me try to understand you.

Was you change at pc ui for at new and youre trying to install xerox diag tool on this new pc? or was you format the pc without recover disk?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The original PC UI was corrupted with the Hard disk (due to power problems). Installed a new PCUI but with it came the Xerox Diagnostic tool which only works for 10 days then one needs to get license for it. On the old one we had PC Diag App. Now I found the PC diag app and want to install it on the new PCUI

july 7 2006