Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Apeosport VI C7771 Fault Code 021-414

Hi all,

I have Xerox Apeosport VII C7771 with a fault code if 021-414 the machine is trying to connect to the EP. I have checked the following name. The LAN cable connection, The DNS server address settings, The default gateway setting, The subnet mask setting, The EP proxy server URL setting with no luck. Has anyone come across this error and how to get rid of it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Xerox Apeosport VI C7771 Fault Code 021-414

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    Hi all,

I have Xerox Apeosport VII C7771 with a fault code if 021-414 the machine is trying to connect to the EP. I have checked the following name. The LAN cable connection, The DNS server address settings, The default gateway setting, The subnet mask setting, The EP proxy server URL setting with no luck. Has anyone come across this error and how to get rid of it?
    hi Alex1.

I had a same problem with my apeosport v 5070.
    it was a used machine from a company that subscribe to ep-bb program.

(my theory) when they sold that machine, the ep-bb subscription/account was also canceled by the company. they don't want to be billed again by xerox after getting rid of the machine.

i tried to clear the ep-bb settings, but it shows error/ timed out.

the machine is working fine. it can print, copy, scan.
    the downside:
    1. error light indicator will stays on during operation
    2. error history is full with that error 021-414
    3. sometimes customers inform /asks me that error because it's shown on the screen. they thought the machine is not working because of that error.

so i just told them to ignore that warning.

if that machine is returned by customer (my lease contract expires). I will try removing the error by copying eeprom of the same make and model (normal condition, no errors) . from there just match the billing information.

do this on your own risk and remember to make backup on the eeprom before copying eeprom.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    hi Alex1.

(my theory) when they sold that machine, the ep-bb subscription/account was also canceled by the company. they don't want to be billed again by xerox after getting rid of the machine.

the downside:
    3. sometimes customers inform /asks me that error because it's shown on the screen. they thought the machine is not working because of that error.

if that machine is returned by customer (my lease contract expires). I will try removing the error by copying eeprom of the same make and model (normal condition, no errors) . from there just match the billing information.

do this on your own risk and remember to make backup on the eeprom before copying eeprom.
    Actually I ended up getting rid of the error. I turned on another machine went into service mode and configured the exact same EP Proxy Server Setup and Proxy Server Settings and went back to normal after the reboot the machines red error light disappeared

Senior Tech

Quote Originally Posted by shinchan View Post
    hi Alex1.

the downside:

Your correct.
    I fixed that problem but cant remember what i did. Try initialising the IOT