Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

Xerox WC 6515 Toner problem

Customer bought one of these. She says has been running her own non OEM toner since the start. Now it says, "Non OEM toner" like normal, but now also states something like "Replace toner, turn off machine and back on if problems persists." I tried 2 of my new toners for the exact same model and it says the same thing. Bring those back home(mine) and it installs just fine. I put tape on my connector and not the same symptom that she is having. I think it is a metered issue but my understanding is you put in a non metered toner it switches back to standard toner.

How do you tell if it is metered mode or standard? and any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by Tonersniffer; 04-28-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox WC 6515 Toner problem

One question: has the toner been replaced with the toner low warning? A recommendation, wait for the display to tell you to replace the toner. Sometimes these machines do not accept toner replacement in advance. Reinsert the old toner and wait until the toner is empty. The message should disappear after replacing the empty toner.
    Else ,this error usually means replacing the imaging unit for that color.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Non-OEM toners are famous for causing developer run off.

Basically the color doesn't match what Xerox thinks it should be, so it gives it more developer.

As you were told this usually means replacement of the imaging unit (with new developer).

Any cost saving the customer thought they were getting, will soon be eaten up with developer replacements.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

Re: Xerox WC 6515 Toner problem (Fixed)

I'm stupid. 30 years into this and I still forget the basics. On the customer screen it says reinsert black toner and restart device. I immediately think that the OM toners the issue (because mine did it) and I stopped by and hand them one of mine that is working. Still doesn't work. I'm busy with my real job so I move on and tell her I will look into it. What did I forget? THE BASICS.. There was a code with it. 093-321. Look it up STUPID. Fault Code 092-321: Black (K) Patch Failure. LIGHT BULB clicks on. They need a new drum or something else.

End of Story. DO NOT BE ME! STUPID! The screen is for the user, that is the only thing the user can do to possibly fix it. The code is for professionally STUPID, me!
    Drum fixed it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give an update on this code. I went out on a Xerox Versalink C505 (similar machine) it kept saying to reinsert black toner. After further observation I noticed the code. The drum and toner had just been replaced (both OEM)
    I noticed that the toner pipe leading into the drum unit was empty but there was toner in the toner port where the toner cartridge is inserted. I vacuumed it out to hopefully remove any obstruction. The machine still gives the code. Does anyone know if there is a set up procedure to manually add black toner to see if the toner motor is working? Otherwise I will try to replace the black toner motor