Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: invalid black

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

invalid black

I have a Xerox 6600dn printer which will not accept a replacement toner even though it is an original Xerox. Comes up with Invalid Black. Does the same with other colours as well. It appears that Xerox sets the machine so no other toners will work. I can only assume they are on some kind of meter click system. Presumably the toners they send out are chipped in such a way that they WILL work on the contracted printers. I have been into the service menu reset nvm etc checked everything on the service menu but still no joy. We actually had around 10 of these printers in from the same Company and if you swap the toners from machine to machine they worked fine. We only have a couple left but they are all in excellent condition having only printed around 4 to 5k each machine so shame to scrap them. I left a similar thread some time ago. Just hoping someone might see this and be able to help. Looks like they would have to be Xerox engineers. As mentioned l have tried originals and also compatibles and just the reset chips still no joy

Any help would be appreciate

Rog

Senior Tech

Re: invalid black

Sound like region problem.
    For example I'm in Australia if i buy a toner or drum form the USA i would get the same problem your getting and vice versa.
    Different chips thats why..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Sound like region problem.
    For example I'm in Australia if i buy a toner or drum form the USA i would get the same problem your getting and vice versa.
    Different chips thats why..
    Yes. That is the answer but it drives you mad. I have never known another machine which does the same. Shame. As the Xerox are such a great printer. Strange thing bearing in mind l had around 10 machines in from the same Company. One machine the chips l got worked but the compatibles didn't another machine l got a different compatible from a different seller and would you believe it it worked so l have him listed for future purchases if l get any more in BUT!!!! if they come from another Customer could have the same problem. Winter in OZ at present eh (I love Australia) hope the weather is reasonable for you

As always appreciate you guys help. Thanks again

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    invalid black

I've read other posts here implying that Xerox can code toner cartridges to a specific machine, and will work in no other machine.

It sounds like something Xerox would do. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've read other posts here implying that Xerox can code toner cartridges to a specific machine, and will work in no other machine.

It sounds like something Xerox would do. =^..^=
    Yes. I did read about this some time ago. I spent ages going through the service codes to try to find something that would reset this but no joy. Actually managed to immobilize one machine completely (good effort!!!) I believe that if a Customer has the machines on copy click then as you say Xerox code the toners in some way.

Thanks again for your comments. Always appreciated. This is a fantastic site