Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Print direct from pc to C75

Which driver do I install to print directly to the c75?
    the printer cane with a free flow but we are having issues with it right now and I just want to print from a pc to the printer.
    i downloaded the ps driver, installed, go to print a file it starts to send and quits. Open the web service and error is 016-749.
    Last edited by cpress; 05-20-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Print direct from pc to C75

Quote Originally Posted by cpress View Post
    Which driver do I install to print directly to the c75?
    the printer cane with a free flow but we are having issues with it right now and I just want to print from a pc to the printer.
    i downloaded the ps driver, installed, go to print a file it starts to send and quits. Open the web service and error is 016-749.
    is this YOUR unit or a customers?

if they don't need free flow you will have to remove that from the unit. It will not accept a print job other wise .

Technician

I take it the device is a Xerox? Go Xerox site and double-check. Try printing from your laptop. How many PCs are you trying to hook-up?

Sorry, just double-check basic steps. On a different day, things might look different!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    is this YOUR unit or a customers?

if they don't need free flow you will have to remove that from the unit. It will not accept a print job other wise .
    This is my unit, the free flow is disconnected at the moment

Technician

Sounds that your Freeflow may not be setup correctly! Checkout:

xerox.com/en-us/digital-printing/workflow/freeflow-core

&

YouTube

All the best!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The C75 does not have any built-in printing functionality, you will need to use either a FreeFlow or one of the two available Fiery controllers... One is the integrated (which isn't really integrated, it is a box on the back) or an External (which is a tower computer).

Without one of those three print servers, it is just a copier.

I'm not experienced with FreeFlow, so I can't help you there, but I do know they have licensing concerns... In other words, to keep them running, even after you've bought it used or whatever, you have to maintain a current license or it will stop working. Fiery controllers do not have that. They will continue to run.

You can replace your FreeFlow with a Fiery if you like, although because even Fiery servers were meant to be maintained by service technicians, not end-users, servicing and setting up a Fiery _can_ sometimes be a little difficult if you don't have the mindset of a technician. Primarily obtaining the software and installing it on the server. But it is much more doable than FreeFlow.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, with a readily available non expiring license there is no longer an issue with FreeFlow licensing for any DocuColor.

One license,, good forever. B&W (mostly Nuvera these days) still requires an annual diagnostic,, but the cost is nominal.

It seems that the world breaks down into those who prefer Fiery and those who prefer FreeFlow

I did a lot of "hired gun" work before I left the service business. It was rare to see a mixed shop.
    It was either Fiery (with the issue of dealing with Xerox on the FreeFlow License seen as a major Plus for Fiery):

Or,, it was all FreeFlow servers.

Like everything else they did, Xerox took so long to get FreeFlow perfected that a lot of early believers fell by the wayside.

When I left, it was a pretty nice,, cross platform, B&W - Color system.

And now,, the license is no longer an issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XeroxTechBrazil View Post
    Like everything else they did, Xerox took so long to get FreeFlow perfected that a lot of early believers fell by the wayside.

When I left, it was a pretty nice,, cross platform, B&W - Color system.

And now,, the license is no longer an issue.
    I tried it back on a 4110, but that was before it was... all that great. (I believe it was you who helped me get it going, even! Way back in 2009-ish...?)

At that point, I'd never used Fiery either, and ended up selling off the 4110 because I just didn't care for the FreeFlow (DocuSP then...) because it was a pain in the rear, and the built in RIP was too weak. (And trying the Fiery EX4110 never occurred to me since I wasn't a Fiery person anyway.)

Fast forward many years, I'm a Fiery person now. And I have to admit I'm probably one of those who fell by the wayside after being initially so unimpressed.

And now, back in 2017 Xerox sold FreeFlow to EFI so now they own Fiery, Splash and FreeFlow! haha

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, I remember.

Xerox has always gone really cheap on the FreeFlow (then DocuSP) hardware. We used to build servers with several times the capability, and sell them for a fraction of the cost when the software for X86 came out.

Hard drives were small, memory was inadequate. I remember one of the first 6180's I worked on. The machine would dead cycle waiting for the RIP to catch up. And this was B&W!

The machine was one of a fleet running provider manuals for United Health Care. The concept was great, the machine did a great job. All that was needed was a second processor in the Ultra 2, some more memory, and a bigger hard drive. Xerox could have done that easily. They were selling the 6180 for a fortune at that time.

Everyone knows that Xerox COULD have had the world by the cojones. They had unrivaled service and sales organizations. But, they bent the pooch over time and time again.

The first Nuvera was probably the most egregious example.

Hello,
    I recently purchased a used igen 3 when I powered it on it has the error code xpe-03-3102, xpe-13-5010, and others . I couldn't get to diagnostics. I also have a nuvera 120 c/p changed the nvm battery and now shows "printer device inactive" and C16 355 mesages, and could not get to diagnostics to fix it. We are located in a country where there are no service providers for such machines. However, it is worth noting that I have the PWS and trying to fix them myself. Any service provider that can help out please contact me at midos67@yahoo.com. Thank you