Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 7665 Fiery Hard Drive Cloning

I have a Xerox 7665, i would like to know if it is possible to clone the external Fiery hard drive ?, i already try to clone this hard
    drive to another hard drive using Acronis true image, Easeus Disk copy, and other 2 more programs sector by sector and
    the same error appear "USB host to host error", just replace to the original xerox hard drive and work again

The only thing that i donīt know if this program does is clone the volume id, also i donīt know if this have something to do

I want to have a clone of this hard drive because this is the second hard drive that i need to change and every time i need
    to buy another hard drive and call a technician to replace it

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7665 Fiery Hard Drive Cloning

As far as I know there is only Network controller for wc 7665, no Fiery.
    If you could find xerox tech, it would be the best solution for you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    As far as I know there is only Network controller for wc 7665, no Fiery.
    If you could find xerox tech, it would be the best solution for you.
    Is the smart controller sorry (look attached picture), inside this controller is the Hard Drive
    that i need to clone, anyone knows how to do it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex5213 View Post
    Is the smart controller sorry (look attached picture), inside this controller is the Hard Drive
    This controller ia part of the machine.
    The WC76xx machine dont work without the controller.
    You can buy machine software and software diagnostic tool to reload the controller software if happen again to broke hdd. You can do that yourself if you have the softwares. For do this you need usb printer cable and ethernet crossover cable.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex5213 View Post
    You can't clone the HD from a controller on a 76xx series WorkCentre. They are encrypted with a key and if you put the hard drive from one controller into another (or a clone into another) it won't work.

The only scenario where it would PROBABLY work is if you were cloning the hard drive of a controller and put it into the SAME controller if the original one failed. As a backup I guess. But it would have to be a block-level copy. And I'm not positive about that because I've not done it.

You can make clones for Fiery controllers which will work on any same-model controller, but that doesn't work for this Xerox controller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

The Network Controller for the 76xx is a complete pain in the arse. With that said...

I can only assume that you have two 76xx but only one controller that has software the other does not. The issue with these machines is that the Network controller is the only module that can upgrade the rest. If you try to install a controller on a machine (IOT) that has a higher SW version than the controller you will get a communication fault at start-up. The only choice you have is to have a technician that has the WCCP program to manually install it.

You could also buy one, given the age of the 76xx you could most likely get one on the cheap. Just make sure it has a software version higher than the IOT you have.

Best of luck