Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    End-User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gornja Radgona
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Hello.

    I have problem with my Xerox 700. It is printing horizontal line over the hole paper - on each of the colors: C, M, Y and K.

    I replaced drums and IBT belt but the problem stil persist. I sent a file to the printer and open the printer before it would take the paper and take out the IBT housing. The line was already on the print on the IBT belt.

    So I predict that it is something under the IBT belt.

    Have anyone any idea what this could be? Could it be the developing units?

    Here are the images:
    tn_20200602_134628.jpgtn_20200602_134615.jpg

    And then there is another thing. Instead of replacing the magenta color drum I just rechiped it. Now the colors are very strange. Instead of grey it is printing blue and there is almost no magenta. Could that happened because I rechiped the color drum?

    Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!

    Best regards,
    David

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Best solution for you is to look for xerox tech.

  3. #3
    End-User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gornja Radgona
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    Best solution for you is to look for xerox tech.
    Hello xcopytech.

    Thank a lot for your answer. I already spoke with tech support and they dont know what this could be. They would like to try and replace a few things to find what it is. But that would be to expensive for me in this moment.

    Do you maybe have any ide what this could be?

    Best regards,
    David

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Then you MUST to change your tech support.
    Every xerox tech know what have to do with your print problem.
    Even do not need to replace any parts.
    BR

  5. #5
    End-User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gornja Radgona
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    Then you MUST to change your tech support.
    Every xerox tech know what have to do with your print problem.
    Even do not need to replace any parts.
    BR
    You are probably right.

    Anyway, I hope someone can help me here.

    Thanks.

    Best regards,
    David

  6. #6
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,272
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by da1vid View Post
    You are probably right. Anyway, I hope someone can help me here. Thanks. Best regards,David
    IF you are a tech please answer the following Questions:

    which feed direction is the paper being fed?

    what are the life counts on ALL PM parts?

    OEM Genuine supplies or third party CRAP?

    have you EVER had ANY TRAINING on ANY PRODUCT? ( IF so you need to review the material)

    Frankly I feel you aren't much of a tech because this is PQ/CQ 100.

    after viewing your profile ( sketchy at best )

    I await your reply.

  7. #7
    End-User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gornja Radgona
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    IF you are a tech please answer the following Questions:

    which feed direction is the paper being fed?

    what are the life counts on ALL PM parts?

    OEM Genuine supplies or third party CRAP?

    have you EVER had ANY TRAINING on ANY PRODUCT? ( IF so you need to review the material)

    Frankly I feel you aren't much of a tech because this is PQ/CQ 100.

    after viewing your profile ( sketchy at best )

    I await your reply.
    Hi Phil B.

    Thanks for your answer. I am not a tech. I own a small printshop and I am trying to fix this problem with my printer.

    I will try to answer your questions. The paper size on the image that I posted is SRA3. It is feeded from high capacity feeder. All drums (color and black) are almost new - from 95% - 100%. As I said I also changed the IBT belt. And a fuser.

    I always buy OEM Genuine supplies EXCEPT this drum chips which I ordered in China and are not OEM.

    I would really appreciate your help.

    Thank you.

    Best regards,
    David

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line


    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    It's dust on the glass of your laser units. Your machine is running dirty. Some of that inside-the-machine airborne dust collects and builds up on the glass windows the laser shines through as it is traveling from the laser unit to to drum. Obviously if enough dust builds up that glass, the laser beam (which is of course light) is partially blocked, and if it is blocked, it can't strike and charge the drum properly.

    How to clean it, well, you can do it, but it isn't easy to get to. At all. I can't really walk you through it, because I'm not there, but you'll need to pull your drum drawer out, and also remove the IBT belt unit and set it aside, then you can acrobatically squeeze yourself in there and get it. If you don't have proper cleaning wands, you can use q-tips in a pinch. Be careful. There are some YouTube videos on cleaning the laser glass, too, which should help now that you know what it is you are looking for. (Make sure you watch videos for this same model, or a model with he same design, or the instructions may not help. Any DocuColor 240-260, WorkCentre 76xx, WoreCentre 77xx, Color 550-570, C60/C70, 700/770, C75/J75 instruction will be identical. They have identical laser units. (In terms of their design and the process of cleaning them anyway.)

    There is one other possibility, and it would be worse. That is if the dust has gotten INSIDE the laser unit and is dusting up the glass on the inside side of it rather than the outside side of it. Or if it is on the mirrors or lenses inside the laser unit. This was MUCH more common on the DocuColor 240-260 and WorkCentre models than the other newer models where they improved the NOHAD system, but it is possible. Unfortunately, this would be much worse. It is an extreme endeavor (especially for a DIYer) to remove and open up the laser units to clean them. They are very fragile, and even Xerox doesn't tell their tech to open them and clean them. They just tell them to replace the laser units. (But even GETTING to the laser units is a massive chore.)

    If you have a leaky drum, aligning with the location of the streak, that is your likely source of dust. You'll see toner dust residue on the drum housing in the same location as well. Similarly, if the mylar "flap" on the front of the top cover of your developer units is getting old and stiff, or even has nicks or damage, it will cause dust to kick up and create this problem.

    You've got to keep your machine running CLEAN to avoid the hassle of this type of streak. This also means replacing your suction filter frequently. It is this suction fan (and filter) which draws dusty air AWAY from sensitive parts like the laser. If the filter isn't replaced, it gets filled up like ANY vacuum filter, and therefore less air flows through it which means less air "draft" pulling the dust AWAY from the laser units. This filter is one part of the NOHAD system in the machine. (Noise Ozone Heat Air and Dirt) You can clean things up after they get dirty and start affecting the print quality, but it'll just come right back if you don't clean the filters.

    Lastly, if you are using generic toners, which are extremely dusty, you are just BEGGING for this kind of streak to appear right away, even on a pristine machine. Generic toners are devil. (Edit: I just saw that you use genuine supplies, that's good. Changing out the drum chips is no problem. That won't cause you any problems, as long as you are changing the chips to convert a NEW drum from one of the other machines to your 700. (And since you have a 700, it must be one of the styles that has the foam roller on top, too. Not the older style.) If you are using chips to extend the life of your drum, it's not worth it. The seals on old drums start leaking. If they've gone a full cycle, even if they're still printing good, they likely leak at that point.)

    Hope that's helpful. It should point you in the right direction, but now it is up to take it from there, if you want to try and DIY it. Or at least you can point a tech in the right direction. You don't need any parts if you can just clean it. But if they don't know this machine specifically, they're likely to do more hard than good just "trying" to get in there and do it. (And if they do know this machine and are trained, they 100% absolutely SHOULD have recognized that particular type of streak at first glance with zero hesitation. "Ah, dirty laser window!" To not recognize it immeidately is very suspicious.)

    Best of luck!

  9. #9
    End-User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gornja Radgona
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    It's dust on the glass of your laser units. Your machine is running dirty. Some of that inside-the-machine airborne dust collects and builds up on the glass windows the laser shines through as it is traveling from the laser unit to to drum. Obviously if enough dust builds up that glass, the laser beam (which is of course light) is partially blocked, and if it is blocked, it can't strike and charge the drum properly.

    How to clean it, well, you can do it, but it isn't easy to get to. At all. I can't really walk you through it, because I'm not there, but you'll need to pull your drum drawer out, and also remove the IBT belt unit and set it aside, then you can acrobatically squeeze yourself in there and get it. If you don't have proper cleaning wands, you can use q-tips in a pinch. Be careful. There are some YouTube videos on cleaning the laser glass, too, which should help now that you know what it is you are looking for. (Make sure you watch videos for this same model, or a model with he same design, or the instructions may not help. Any DocuColor 240-260, WorkCentre 76xx, WoreCentre 77xx, Color 550-570, C60/C70, 700/770, C75/J75 instruction will be identical. They have identical laser units. (In terms of their design and the process of cleaning them anyway.)

    There is one other possibility, and it would be worse. That is if the dust has gotten INSIDE the laser unit and is dusting up the glass on the inside side of it rather than the outside side of it. Or if it is on the mirrors or lenses inside the laser unit. This was MUCH more common on the DocuColor 240-260 and WorkCentre models than the other newer models where they improved the NOHAD system, but it is possible. Unfortunately, this would be much worse. It is an extreme endeavor (especially for a DIYer) to remove and open up the laser units to clean them. They are very fragile, and even Xerox doesn't tell their tech to open them and clean them. They just tell them to replace the laser units. (But even GETTING to the laser units is a massive chore.)

    If you have a leaky drum, aligning with the location of the streak, that is your likely source of dust. You'll see toner dust residue on the drum housing in the same location as well. Similarly, if the mylar "flap" on the front of the top cover of your developer units is getting old and stiff, or even has nicks or damage, it will cause dust to kick up and create this problem.

    You've got to keep your machine running CLEAN to avoid the hassle of this type of streak. This also means replacing your suction filter frequently. It is this suction fan (and filter) which draws dusty air AWAY from sensitive parts like the laser. If the filter isn't replaced, it gets filled up like ANY vacuum filter, and therefore less air flows through it which means less air "draft" pulling the dust AWAY from the laser units. This filter is one part of the NOHAD system in the machine. (Noise Ozone Heat Air and Dirt) You can clean things up after they get dirty and start affecting the print quality, but it'll just come right back if you don't clean the filters.

    Lastly, if you are using generic toners, which are extremely dusty, you are just BEGGING for this kind of streak to appear right away, even on a pristine machine. Generic toners are devil. (Edit: I just saw that you use genuine supplies, that's good. Changing out the drum chips is no problem. That won't cause you any problems, as long as you are changing the chips to convert a NEW drum from one of the other machines to your 700. (And since you have a 700, it must be one of the styles that has the foam roller on top, too. Not the older style.) If you are using chips to extend the life of your drum, it's not worth it. The seals on old drums start leaking. If they've gone a full cycle, even if they're still printing good, they likely leak at that point.)

    Hope that's helpful. It should point you in the right direction, but now it is up to take it from there, if you want to try and DIY it. Or at least you can point a tech in the right direction. You don't need any parts if you can just clean it. But if they don't know this machine specifically, they're likely to do more hard than good just "trying" to get in there and do it. (And if they do know this machine and are trained, they 100% absolutely SHOULD have recognized that particular type of streak at first glance with zero hesitation. "Ah, dirty laser window!" To not recognize it immeidately is very suspicious.)

    Best of luck!
    Hello.

    Caffeine A HUGE THANK YOU for awesome support. I really appreciate it!

    With your help I fixed the problem. It was the cyan toner on the cyan laser glass. After I cleaned it horizontal line on prints disappeared.

    The colors were still blue so I cleaned the cyan developer unit as you mentioned and now the prints are great!

    Again THANK YOU so much!

    And just an advice to Phil B. - maybe you could take Caffeine as an example of how to help users on this forum ...

    Best regards,
    David

  10. #10
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    8,272
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Xerox 700 - printing horizontal line

    Quote Originally Posted by da1vid View Post
    Hello.

    Caffeine A HUGE THANK YOU for awesome support. I really appreciate it!

    With your help I fixed the problem. It was the cyan toner on the cyan laser glass. After I cleaned it horizontal line on prints disappeared.

    The colors were still blue so I cleaned the cyan developer unit as you mentioned and now the prints are great!

    Again THANK YOU so much!

    And just an advice to Phil B. - maybe you could take Caffeine as an example of how to help users on this forum ...

    Best regards,
    David
    I dont help end users because most times the screw it up worse than before.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here