Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Dark Lines in Black only

Working on a Xerox 700i, there is an issue with the black in which the lines are dark as opposed to a lighter line which I see often. I replaced the drum, developer, IBT belt, and cleaned the ROS. Nothing changes and again only in the black. Any advice?IMG-3573.JPGIMG-3572.JPGIMG-3571.JPG

Re: Dark Lines in Black only

Please also see the attached photo. Is this a ROS issue? Again I have changed the developer, drum, IBT, Fuser and cleaned the ROS. The issue is only found in the black.
    IMG-3574.JPGIMG-3575.JPG

No help on this??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Looks like a problem with the charge corona.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Dark Lines in Black only

I'd replace black drum and if that doesn't help, 2nd BTR is likely. Yeah I know, you'd think it would affect CMY as well, but I have had this issue a few times as well.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    I'd replace black drum and if that doesn't help, 2nd BTR is likely. Yeah I know, you'd think it would affect CMY as well, but I have had this issue a few times as well.
    Did it fix the problem when you changed the 2nd BTR ?

I'm having a very similar issue, but my image is fading in the center and darker on both sides. Have done the exact procedure you have done and nothing.

Its your ROS. had this problem. cleaned the ROS. stayed the same. opened the ros and cleaned it agian. same. replaced the ros unit. problem solved..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dech View Post
    Its your ROS. had this problem. cleaned the ROS. stayed the same. opened the ros and cleaned it agian. same. replaced the ros unit. problem solved..
    Thankyou so much for the reply. Have cleaned the laser .. you think I should replace the laser?

Have put in a brand new developer units, I was certain that was the problem.

Only other thing that I can think of is the toner isn't dropping fast enough into the shoot, going into the developer unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Dark Lines in Black only

Quote Originally Posted by MrBafner View Post
    Thankyou so much for the reply. Have cleaned the laser .. you think I should replace the laser?

Have put in a brand new developer units, I was certain that was the problem.

Only other thing that I can think of is the toner isn't dropping fast enough into the shoot, going into the developer unit.
    Black was faint and patchy with random strobe bands.

Cause:

Black drum module not connecting to HV connectors correctly.

Solution:

I had changed the dev tank and the drum module to no avail. All voltages were correct when measured in diagnostics. The Charge voltage fluctuated when taking prints.
    I checked the connectors, they were all clean and in good condition.
    I saw that the Gasket that sits under the K drum module at the rear was missing.

PL 6.6 Item 22
    This shows on the EDOC as non spared but is now a Vankit Item Part No. 035E72821.
    I replaced this part and the fault was rectified.

This 'Gasket' is a small grey foam pad that sits on the bottom of the Xerographic Developer Drawer under the K Drum Module at the rear left hand side.
    The underside of the drum module rests on this and appears to either raise the module to a contact position or to reduce vibration.

If you want to selservice this machine it is good ideea to have pws with edoc and bulletins. There are a lots of bulletins about black problems.