Thread: cyan on copies

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

cyan on copies

HI
    am working on the xerox Dc252 which when i photocopy or print am getting a cyan big dot or 3 colours i have tried to change the 2nd btr, belt cleaner, have tried to inter changer the drums still the problem is still there i have tried to in charge the developer units with the yellow one the dot ll change to yellow i tried the all transfer unit to another machine the problem was the some if the problem is on the transfer unit what can course the some
    Last edited by Reeves; 06-11-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: cyan on copies

I CANT UPLOAD PICTURES
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    HI
    am working on the xerox Dc252 which when i photocopy or print am getting a cyan big dot or 3 colours i have tried to change the 2nd btr, belt cleaner, have tried to inter changer the drums still the problem is still there i have tried to in charge the developer units with the yellow one the dot ll change to yellow i tried the all transfer unit to another machine the problem was the some if the problem is on the transfer unit what can course the some

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

HI

With all respect, I have read this 4-5 times and I cannot determine what your problem is.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Am trying to attach the copies but i cant upload its failing
    Quote Originally Posted by interfacep View Post
    with all respect, i have read this 4-5 times and i cannot determine what your problem is.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Am trying to attach the copies but i cant upload its failing
    They may be too large

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    cyan on copies

HI
    The dot probably repeats every so often across the page. Use 11x17 (or A3) paper if you don't see it repeat. Measure the distance (precisely) between the repetitions and let us know what it is and we can tell you which component it is exactly.

If it doesn't repeat, it might be on the black IBT belt. (Technically, it is still repeating, but the belt is so long that it would never be on the same sheet of paper twice.)

But the ONLY time I have ever had a repeating defect on the belt was due to physical damage to the belt. So you'd be able to see the imperfection on the belt as you rotate it. I've never had the belt create a repeating defect and NOT be able to see the source of the defect on the belt. So you should hopefully be able to identify, or eliminate, the belt that way.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    The dot probably repeats every so often across the page. Use 11x17 (or A3) paper if you don't see it repeat. Measure the distance (precisely) between the repetitions and let us know what it is and we can tell you which component it is exactly.

If it doesn't repeat, it might be on the black IBT belt. (Technically, it is still repeating, but the belt is so long that it would never be on the same sheet of paper twice.)

But the ONLY time I have ever had a repeating defect on the belt was due to physical damage to the belt. So you'd be able to see the imperfection on the belt as you rotate it. I've never had the belt create a repeating defect and NOT be able to see the source of the defect on the belt. So you should hopefully be able to identify, or eliminate, the belt that way.
    See the attachment

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    cyan on copies

See the attachment
    No attachment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    cyan on copies

Make sure your pictures aren't too large (aim for 300 kb or so) or they will not upload.

If the 'big cyan dot' is more like a 'splash' of toner and not a clearly repeating defect, then toner is building up on your drum and spilling every now and then. But yeah, a picture would be nice.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    cyan on copies

Detonation makes an excellent point... If it is "spillage" out of the drum (which happens quite a lot, especially as a drum gets older) it would be random. It could be just a little, or it could be quite a lot.

One thing it WOULDN'T do is change color if you swapped it to a different color position. Because the backed up toner in the drum that is spilling out is cyan, it will STILL be that same backed up cyan toner spilling out even if you move it to magenta or yellow...

So keep that in mind if you're swapping the drums around to test.

And yeah, a picture if you can figure out how to attach it, will help immeasurably.

Good luck!