Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

xerox 6600 fuser reset

Does anyone know how the Xerox Phaser 6600 printer resets the machine counter when a new fuser is installed. i.e chip, fuse etc within the fuser. I cannot find anything on the net. A lot of printer fusers as we know can be reset or parts replaced to trip the counter but l just cannot find anything on this one. No kits available. We have four of these fusers which are in perfect condition but came out of machines with replace fuser warning so they have done a lot of prints but would be handy. Any help appreciated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox 6600 fuser reset

Re: xerox 6600 fuser reset

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    Does anyone know how the Xerox Phaser 6600 printer resets the machine counter when a new fuser is installed. i.e chip, fuse etc within the fuser. I cannot find anything on the net. A lot of printer fusers as we know can be reset or parts replaced to trip the counter but l just cannot find anything on this one. No kits available. We have four of these fusers which are in perfect condition but came out of machines with replace fuser warning so they have done a lot of prints but would be handy. Any help appreciated
    I suggest you to disassemble the fuser unit following the connection from the connector at the end you will find the answer, even if I doubt there are reset chips on sale.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: xerox 6600 fuser reset

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    I suggest you to disassemble the fuser unit following the connection from the connector at the end you will find the answer, even if I doubt there are reset chips on sale.
    I did wonder about trying that but thought l would put it out to you guys anyway. Hopefully it might be a small fuse which blows and resets or resistor. If not nothing much can be done.

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated