Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    replace clock battery
    the nvm battery ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Re: xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by mkdirs View Post
    the nvm battery ?
    Do NOT remove the ESS battery on the D series machines. This will cause and unclearable 016-242 fault code.
    Remove the nvm ess chip from the ess board and remove the battery from the nvm ess chip. This will reset the nvm.
    After reboot, a 124-323 error will appear. Follow that rap.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Do NOT remove the ESS battery on the D series machines. This will cause and unclearable 016-242 fault code.
    Remove the nvm ess chip from the ess board and remove the battery from the nvm ess chip. This will reset the nvm.
    After reboot, a 124-323 error will appear. Follow that rap.
    YES I KNOW THAT THE ESS BATTERY WILL destroy the authentication key data on the ess board
    i remove the NVM Battery before and dose not help
    the battery is 3v so its ok
    the machine work perfect but on the screen i have this code
    also i format the hdd and reload software

slit i have the dame code

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Another ess nvm pwb, try to sync serial number then complete install wizard.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Another ess nvm pwb, try to sync serial number then complete install wizard.
    friend the serial is OK am xerox tech so i know what to do when serial not sync

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by mkdirs View Post
    friend the serial is OK am xerox tech so i know what to do when serial not sync
    It has nothing to do with the serial number being ok. The ESS NVM PWB might be defective, so he suggested replacing it. And if you replace it, obviously you then need to do a fresh sync...

There is no need to be so aggressively negative when people are just trying to help you. If you don't want suggestions, don't ask. Same as when he was warning you about not removing the ESS battery... How is he supposed to know you already know that? Someone could easily ruin their machine that way so he was trying to make sure you didn't. There's no need to be so snappy back to someone who is just trying to help you, for free.

adriansto is one of the friendliest and most helpful and most knowledgable people on this site. Don't be rude to him or you'll have me and a lot of other people who greatly appreciate his frequent help to deal with...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    It has nothing to do with the serial number being ok. The ESS NVM PWB might be defective, so he suggested replacing it. And if you replace it, obviously you then need to do a fresh sync...

There is no need to be so aggressively negative when people are just trying to help you. If you don't want suggestions, don't ask. Same as when he was warning you about not removing the ESS battery... How is he supposed to know you already know that? Someone could easily ruin their machine that way so he was trying to make sure you didn't. There's no need to be so snappy back to someone who is just trying to help you, for free.

adriansto is one of the friendliest and most helpful and most knowledgable people on this site. Don't be rude to him or you'll have me and a lot of other people who greatly appreciate his frequent help to deal with...
    yes you are right sorry about that
    i answer like that because if you take nvm battery out the serial will cleared and the machine go up with serial error

Thanks for advising me

you are right

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    xerox d125 error 016-242

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post

+1