D-125 not printing clean on lead and tail edge

We have 2, and 1 is down. The 1 that is running, is not printing clean on the lead edge, and worse on the tail. We've cleaned the toner dust, toner is at 28%, changed the cleaner roll, and tomorrow we're trying replacing the drum. Can anyone give me a hint of something else to try, before replacing the drum?
    Thanks in advance!
    R Jeffers

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: D-125 not printing clean on lead and tail edge

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeffers View Post
    We have 2, and 1 is down. The 1 that is running, is not printing clean on the lead edge, and worse on the tail. We've cleaned the toner dust, toner is at 28%, changed the cleaner roll, and tomorrow we're trying replacing the drum. Can anyone give me a hint of something else to try, before replacing the drum?
    Thanks in advance!
    R Jeffers

hire a trained xerox tech...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Based on this and your other post, I would also suggest you hire a tech. I know nobody wants to because of the fairly high and potentially open-ended cost, but if you're not experienced in these machines, the types of problems you are having are not particularly DIY-able.

Unless you happen to be trained or experienced, if your car starts acting up, you take it to a mechanic. If your AC goes out, you call an HVAC company.

And these copiers are in many ways, more complex inside than either cars or AC units.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Based on this and your other post, I would also suggest you hire a tech. I know nobody wants to because of the fairly high and potentially open-ended cost, but if you're not experienced in these machines, the types of problems you are having are not particularly DIY-able.

Unless you happen to be trained or experienced, if your car starts acting up, you take it to a mechanic. If your AC goes out, you call an HVAC company.

And these copiers are in many ways, more complex inside than either cars or AC units.
    +1 A G A I N ...

this guy doesn't have a clue the OP i mean, Caffeine