Thread: WC7775 2nd BTR

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    WC7775 2nd BTR

WC7775 2nd BTR

2nd btr.jpg
    someone know if 2nd BTR can do this? i replaced transfer belt cleaning blade but same results...
    thanks!

Technician

Re: WC7775 2nd BTR

Quote Originally Posted by blax View Post
    2nd btr.jpg
    someone know if 2nd BTR can do this? i replaced transfer belt cleaning blade but same results...
    thanks!
    Looks like from ibt belt or cleaning blade.. try changing ibt belt if you have changed ibt blade

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    WC7775 2nd BTR

Quote Originally Posted by blax View Post
    2nd btr.jpg
    thanks!
    There no doubt that is the cleaning blade, like practically 100%... Was the one you put in a full brand new assembly, or a generic blade-only replacement?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    WC7775 2nd BTR

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    There no doubt that is the cleaning blade, like practically 100%... Was the one you put in a full brand new assembly, or a generic blade-only replacement?
    did he powder the belt a bit to keep blade from smears/skipping?

did he clean out the cleaning unit when replacing the blade?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    WC7775 2nd BTR

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did he powder the belt a bit to keep blade from smears/skipping?

did he clean out the cleaning unit when replacing the blade?
    The only "official" process for this machine is the whole assembly. Xerox doesn't sell just blades. They only sell complete assemblies. So if he changed that, there should be no problem. No need for powder, or anything like that.

If he used a generic blade, I've had very good luck with them so I'm not poo-pooing the generics, but if he used a generic (NEW!) blade, that probably means it was a bad one. A new blade should absolutely fix that.

WC7775 2nd BTR

The only "official" process for this machine is the whole assembly. Xerox doesn't sell just blades. They only sell complete assemblies. So if he changed that, there should be no problem. No need for powder, or anything like that.

If he used a generic blade, I've had very good luck with them so I'm not poo-pooing the generics, but if he used a generic (NEW!) blade, that probably means it was a bad one. A new blade should absolutely fix that.
    so all this time I have been cleaning the blade and re-powdering it was all in vain? I'm old school so please forgive me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    WC7775 2nd BTR

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so all this time I have been cleaning the blade and re-powdering it was all in vain? I'm old school so please forgive me.
    Oh no, I'm just pointing out that if he was using a Xerox tech who only did things official, or if he was buying official parts, he wouldn't have just changed the blade, he would have changed the whole cleaning assembly, because that's how Xerox has it set up on this model. They don't sell the blade by itself. So therefore there would be no powder or cleaning step because the entire assembly was being swapped with a new one.

If he (or a tech) is using generic parts, and clanging just the blade and not the whole assembly (which is what I do--they work well) then absolutely it needs to be powdered (unless it came pre-powered, like the ones I get) and the assembly needs to be cleaned.

An assembly costs $130-ish, a blade costs $10-ish... So it is a no-brainer for anyone capable of doing it. Though even at $130, it isn't a TERRIBLE price considering how long they last.

WC7775 2nd BTR

Oh no, I'm just pointing out that if he was using a Xerox tech who only did things official, or if he was buying official parts, he wouldn't have just changed the blade, he would have changed the whole cleaning assembly, because that's how Xerox has it set up on this model. They don't sell the blade by itself. So therefore there would be no powder or cleaning step because the entire assembly was being swapped with a new one.

If he (or a tech) is using generic parts, and clanging just the blade and not the whole assembly (which is what I do--they work well) then absolutely it needs to be powdered (unless it came pre-powered, like the ones I get) and the assembly needs to be cleaned.

An assembly costs $130-ish, a blade costs $10-ish... So it is a no-brainer for anyone capable of doing it. Though even at $130, it isn't a TERRIBLE price considering how long they last.
    thanks brother for the confirm..

eases my old brain