Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Xerox DC25 Fiery

Hello guys ,hope all is well, i have 3 Dc252 fiery displaying "FF" right at the start ,doesnt bootup ,i have changed harddisk ,any idea will be much appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Re: Xerox DC25 Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by mshabban View Post
    Hello guys ,hope all is well, i have 3 Dc252 fiery displaying "FF" right at the start ,doesnt bootup ,i have changed harddisk ,any idea will be much appreciated.
    did you RELOAD the firey software on the hdd? is it the same type/size hdd?

did you FORMAT the drive?

exactly what have you done?

need more info on HOW did it start?

why replace the HDD

does the xerox have any errors that would point to the firey?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did you RELOAD the firey software on the hdd? is it the same type/size hdd?

did you FORMAT the drive?

exactly what have you done?

need more info on HOW did it start?

why replace the HDD

does the xerox have any errors that would point to the firey?
    Thanks for the response ,yes i reloaded the sys software for the fiery as it was always getting offline after printing the startup page , so decided to reload the software onto its 80 gb Harddisk but now after completing the installation ,the fiery just displays "FF" right away yet the dip switches are in the right position,i have even opted to change the Harddisk but all in vain, i even tried to replace the fiery video board but all in vain "FF"still being displayed ,the machine and the fiery cable seem to be fine as i have tested them with another fiery and they have workwd

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Are you sure you reload the right software for those Fierys ?
    The serials of the Fierys starts with ERB ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Are you sure you reload the right software for those Fierys ?
    The serials of the Fierys starts with ERB ?
    Yes am quit sure i load the right software coz its what i have been loading for long time ,i work on xerox machines and fiery servers but i have never faced with such challenge,always it brings FF ,i just reload sys software or replace Harddisk and load sys software ,then the machine works fine ,but now its just brings "FF"at power on.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Yes am quit sure i load the right software coz its what i have been loading for long time ,i work on xerox machines and fiery servers but i have never faced with such challenge,always it brings FF ,i just reload sys software or replace Harddisk and load sys software ,then the machine works fine ,but now its just brings "FF"at power on.
    the software for one might not be compatible with others check the label on the top of firey for the serial numbers ... report back

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

try to test the disk in the other fiery, if it gives you the same ff code, there is a problem with the disk or with the installed software

check this also. very important explanation.
    Originally Posted by mercadoven
    Hello,

Just some info that hopefully help you out.

You can realize if the fiery is working by presing the all services button (silver button on copier keyboard), by doing this you should see on the copier screen three services buttons copy, network scanning and programing initially only the copy button will be enabled the other two will enable as soon as the fiery is ready it normally take about three to five minutes to get ready.

When you turn on the copier you can look at the fiery display it will go increasing values from 25 then 33 then 42 and 66 (all these values are POST tests, then 75 here it will detect the hard drive, if no hard drive is detected then the display will go to FF, if the HD is found then it will continue to 96 then FF for a short instance and finally it will stay at 00, meaning that the OS is starting. At this time it will take 3 to 5 minutes to boot the OS and start the print server software and will enable the rest of the services (network scanning and programming). Once the fiery is ready it will print a start up page (If enabled) in that page you can see the network settings, make sure the computer you are trying to connect is at the same network configuration (check network mask and default gateway).

Here's a few things to check:

The fiery has two small dip switches just below the display, these switches should be to the off position, check if they are at the ON position, if they are at ON it will show FF at the display as soon as is powered on (The ON position is for software loading and will prevent the fiery to start normally). If they are ON, poower off, then flip the switches OFF and then power on.

A failling software will turn the fiery display from 00 to FF, if this is the case then you will need a software reload.

If the fiery stays at 00 but then shuts down by itself after five minutes, this means that the fiery didn't connect to the copier, (bad connection between fiery and copier).

hope any of these helps, best regards.
    Last edited by SeniorTch; 08-21-2020 at 02:55 AM. Reason: more information about the situation,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox DC25 Fiery

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorTch View Post
    try to test the disk in the other fiery, if it gives you the same ff code, there is a problem with the disk or with the installed software

check this also. very important explanation.
    Originally Posted by mercadoven
    Hello,

Just some info that hopefully help you out.

You can realize if the fiery is working by presing the all services button (silver button on copier keyboard), by doing this you should see on the copier screen three services buttons copy, network scanning and programing initially only the copy button will be enabled the other two will enable as soon as the fiery is ready it normally take about three to five minutes to get ready.

When you turn on the copier you can look at the fiery display it will go increasing values from 25 then 33 then 42 and 66 (all these values are POST tests, then 75 here it will detect the hard drive, if no hard drive is detected then the display will go to FF, if the HD is found then it will continue to 96 then FF for a short instance and finally it will stay at 00, meaning that the OS is starting. At this time it will take 3 to 5 minutes to boot the OS and start the print server software and will enable the rest of the services (network scanning and programming). Once the fiery is ready it will print a start up page (If enabled) in that page you can see the network settings, make sure the computer you are trying to connect is at the same network configuration (check network mask and default gateway).

Here's a few things to check:

The fiery has two small dip switches just below the display, these switches should be to the off position, check if they are at the ON position, if they are at ON it will show FF at the display as soon as is powered on (The ON position is for software loading and will prevent the fiery to start normally). If they are ON, poower off, then flip the switches OFF and then power on.

A failling software will turn the fiery display from 00 to FF, if this is the case then you will need a software reload.

If the fiery stays at 00 but then shuts down by itself after five minutes, this means that the fiery didn't connect to the copier, (bad connection between fiery and copier).

hope any of these helps, best regards.
    Thanks alot for the response mates, i have tested all these 3 fierys with different hard drives but still do the same thig "FF"at power on, one of the Harddisks have testing with ,is one that i installed in a differrent client's fiery and it installed successfully ,i have actually put it in another client fiery and its working very fine ,even printing very well ;but when i put the same harddrive in these fierys (3),still goes strsight to "FF" ,even if o remove the ram and othee components ,it just goes to "FF", i wonder whats really the problem here?kindly advise.