Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Xerox 7535 speed down after the flash memory replaced

Hi,
    I have a Xerox 7535, and the flash battery are replaced (machine was frequently to non customer mode).
    After replace the battery, I have adjust nvm values agreed the document on tray 1, but now my machine works with a 7525 model.
    Anyone can helps to fix it?
    Grats.
    Last edited by dn_gustavo; 08-29-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7535 speed down after the flash memory replaced

Quote Originally Posted by dn_gustavo View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Xerox 7535, and the flash battery are replaced (machine was frequently to non customer mode).
    After replace the battery, I have adjust nvm values agreed the document on tray 1, but now my machine works with a 7225 model.
    Anyone can helps to fix it?
    Grats.
    preform ALTBOOT with proper firmware would be an idea.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    preform ALTBOOT with proper firmware would be an idea.
    Hi Phil, I perform exactly that right now. Same thing, 7525 model.

Hi Phil, I perform exactly that right now. Same thing, 7525 model.
    then you need the proper SIM card

Technician

then you need the proper SIM card
    My machine does not have SIM card. I'm in Brazil, in my country this equipment are sealed without contract and without SIM card.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My machine does not have SIM card. I'm in Brazil, in my country this equipment are sealed without contract and without SIM card.
    The SIM card isn't related to being on contract or not, or whether it is sold or leased, or what county it is in or anything like that. It is part of the physical hardware of the machine. A SIM card is specific to the machine, it can't be used on different machines, and it is the item which MAKES it a 7525 or a 7535 or a 7545, etc... It is used when the machine is first "activated" to define what speed the machine is, and at that time, the SIM card is "locked" to that machine's serial number.

If the machine ever needs to have its software re-installed, you can re-use that same SIM to reactivate the speed, but it only works on the machine with the same serial number that it is locked to.

It is usually stored in a little secret "storage space" on the side of the tray 1 or tray 2 paper drawer, in case it is ever needed in the future. The same place you found the document in tray 1 you mentioned.

Without the SIM, you cannot adjust the speed of the machine. In fact, the whole reason for the SIM is to PREVENT ever being able to adjust the speed of the machine without it.

You can buy brand new "unlocked" SIMs from Xerox, but they are VERY expensive. And once you use it, it them becomes locked to the machine.

Reinstalling the software, or resetting NVRAM, are all reasons you then need to re-use the SIM.

Unfortunately, without the SIM, there is no way to change the speed from the slowest model. The slowest is always the default. There are zero nvram settings you can change to adjust the speed, ONLY the SIM can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    The SIM card isn't related to being on contract or not, or whether it is sold or leased, or what county it is in or anything like that. It is part of the physical hardware of the machine. A SIM card is specific to the machine, it can't be used on different machines, and it is the item which MAKES it a 7525 or a 7535 or a 7545, etc... It is used when the machine is first "activated" to define what speed the machine is, and at that time, the SIM card is "locked" to that machine's serial number.

If the machine ever needs to have its software re-installed, you can re-use that same SIM to reactivate the speed, but it only works on the machine with the same serial number that it is locked to.

It is usually stored in a little secret "storage space" on the side of the tray 1 or tray 2 paper drawer, in case it is ever needed in the future. The same place you found the document in tray 1 you mentioned.

Without the SIM, you cannot adjust the speed of the machine. In fact, the whole reason for the SIM is to PREVENT ever being able to adjust the speed of the machine without it.

You can buy brand new "unlocked" SIMs from Xerox, but they are VERY expensive. And once you use it, it them becomes locked to the machine.

Reinstalling the software, or resetting NVRAM, are all reasons you then need to re-use the SIM.

Unfortunately, without the SIM, there is no way to change the speed from the slowest model. The slowest is always the default. There are zero nvram settings you can change to adjust the speed, ONLY the SIM can do it.

Thanks Brother... I knew they use a SIM card but this user poo poo'd it. Clearly he is an end user/ non Xerox tech..

You Sir are the one with the most knowledge on Xeron I have seen in CTN..

Thank again.

To the OP: don't argue with Caffeine .. he knows his shit on Xerox units.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks Brother... I knew they use a SIM card but this user poo poo'd it. Clearly he is an end user/ non Xerox tech..

You Sir are the one with the most knowledge on Xeron I have seen in CTN..

Thank again.

To the OP: don't argue with Caffeine .. he knows his shit on Xerox units.
    Haha, thanks... Just Xerox, and just the ones that are technically FUJI Xerox.

OP may have been mislead by who he bought it from, too. I've heard so many stories like that. If he bought it new, any WC75xx machine would have the SIM tucked away in the paper drawer secret compartment. It would have to, there is no such thing as a WC75xx machine that doesn't use a SIM. But if he bought it used, it could have gone missing, and then who knows. It's a real bummer. The sales person may have not mentioned it, or they themselves may have been very uneducated about its importance, for re-setting the true machine speed, in the case of a software reload or NVRAM reset.

OP may have been mislead by who he bought it from, too. I've heard so many stories like that. If he bought it new, any WC75xx machine would have the SIM tucked away in the paper drawer secret compartment. It would have to, there is no such thing as a WC75xx machine that doesn't use a SIM. But if he bought it used, it could have gone missing, and then who knows. It's a real bummer. The sales person may have not mentioned it, or they themselves may have been very uneducated about its importance, for re-setting the true machine speed, in the case of a software reload or NVRAM reset.
    EVERY Xerox/fuji i have worked on needed either it in it to boot or to do such repairs.

most times it is stored in it socket in the EMOD

Technician

Thanks for your help bro.

Really I don't have the SIM card. When I replace the battery, I used the NVM factory list (in the compartment on tray 1) to reconfigure the machine, but the SIM card is not there.
    Yes, this equipment was bought used.

Thanks a lot, everyone.