Hi everyone!
I state that this is the first time that I use a forum and I'm Italian so and please correct me if I'm saying something wrong.
About three years ago I bought a Xerox Work Centre 6515V_DNI. Almost two years from the first power on, it gave me an error: 124-315. It completely stopped working.
I tried to contact Xerox and they told me to go to the dealer I bought it from. The dealer told me that I have to request a service and that it would be out of warranty. I also tried to hear from my local dealer so I could talk to him in person and he told me he is having the same problem on many units he has sold. He told me that xerox replaces the whole board that cost more that the printer.
Said this, as a good electronics enthusiast I started looking on the internet. I downloaded the printer service manual and tried several solutions. I also found forums on which they talk about it but I was unable to resolve so I'm here.
While performing dC132 I can see that all the values of IOT, SYS1 are matching.
Instead, in SYS 2 I can see an unusual situation. The button that I should use to change the value is dark, "Serial Number" box is hidden by asterisks, "Product Number" box is blank and "Billing Data" is 0.
I've also performed dC131 on 6 different Chain-Links and obtained these results:
700-600 = 65021
700-601 = 65021
700-602 = 65535

700-606 = 65534
700-607 = 65534
700-608 = 65535
Iv'e also disassembled the machine and I saw the PWB ESS board that (at least from what I understand) is the board that is having problems. Somewhere I have read that the board can't be recognized or the values of the board are changed too many times.
Please help me (and other people I think). I can provide pictures of the screen. I am willing to perform difficult hardware modifications and procedures as long as I do not spend lot of money for having this printer (that is like new) working again.