Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox 7525 issues with install wizard/mem settings

Hi all - Xerox Workcenter 7525 - purchased used. Having issues with it stating machine in non customer mode. Logged in as cse and change NVM setting 616-014 to 4. Machine does fine until a few days later pops up again. I replaced the NVM battery and am trying to setup the machine from scratch so set the nvm 616-014 to 2. I get the language screen and can select the correct language but when I touch OK I get a sound but nothing happens and wizard does not progress. I also set up scan to email etc and other setting s and those were lost prior to replacing the nvm battery. So I guess my question is how can i get to the point to start the installation wizard from the machine all over again and it work correctly? I bought this unit used so I get the feeling something isn't quite right with it. Machine says 7530 but on bootup states 7525. Thanks for any help and insight...

Re: Xerox 7525 issues with install wizard/mem settings

Quote Originally Posted by rdrx7 View Post
    Hi all - Xerox Workcenter 7525 - purchased used. Having issues with it stating machine in non customer mode. Logged in as cse and change NVM setting 616-014 to 4. Machine does fine until a few days later pops up again. I replaced the NVM battery and am trying to setup the machine from scratch so set the nvm 616-014 to 2. I get the language screen and can select the correct language but when I touch OK I get a sound but nothing happens and wizard does not progress. I also set up scan to email etc and other setting s and those were lost prior to replacing the nvm battery. So I guess my question is how can i get to the point to start the installation wizard from the machine all over again and it work correctly? I bought this unit used so I get the feeling something isn't quite right with it. Machine says 7530 but on bootup states 7525. Thanks for any help and insight...
    Hmmm...set NVM back to zero (0). When it says "machine not in customer mode" go to dianostices and change the value STRAIGHT to 4.
    Did it ask for the PIN code?
    So you replaced the yellow battery?