Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xerox dc252 creo cx260 installation

Hello friends. I bought a xerox dc252 with fiery creo cx260. Can you explain me step by step how to proceed with the installation and configuration? thanks a lot

I would need the drivers for mac high Sierra 10.13. Then a strange thing happens to me. I have installed the printer on windows xp. Printing starts but the command workstation does not open. I enter the ip address but it tells me that the connection is not possible. Why?
    Last edited by Enzo; 09-29-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Re: Xerox dc252 creo cx260 installation

The machine is recognized by the ping command. The machine is also recognized via the web page by entering the IP address.
    But do use the command workstation or other software for this Fiery?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think command workstation is for Fiery RIPs, but maybe I am mistaken.

As for setting up: I'd recommend printing from the Mac to the hold queue as Postscript, and then build the job on the Creo. Just attach monitor, keyboard and mouse.

And can you give me the suitable drivers for mac high Sierra? I am helping a friend to operate this machine and I have never used a mac, which is why I need some help from you.
    My friend and I both have a xerox dc242 with fiery exp260 and everything works with both mac and pc. But we can't get the dc252 to work with rip spire cx260 with the Mac! I really need help on the process of installing the drivers and getting the machine up and running!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I don’t think there are any native drivers that still work. Under Mac OS, you can install any printer that can interpret PostScript as a ‘Generic PostScript Printer’. You will have no options when printing, except for paper size and duplex printing. The printer (the Creo in this case) will just print with the default settings you specified.

The good thing about the Creo is, that is has different queues. One for printing (the print queue), but als one (the hold queue) that just keeps the print job. If you connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the Creo, you can see this job in the queue. When you double click it, you can build the job, specifying color profile, paper type, screens, gloss level etc etc.

It is way more complicated than printing with a native driver, but Mac OS X support on these Creo and Fiery controllers doesn’t last long. Even the Color 560 drivers are not supported anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is not possible to use a software like command workstation to manage jobs? Doesn't that type of program exist on both Mac and PC?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    So it is not possible to use a software like command workstation to manage jobs? Doesn't that type of program exist on both Mac and PC?
    I don't believe Creo has an app like Command Workstation, like Fiery controllers do...

But as Detonation said, you can print your job to the Creo's HOLD queue (or take it there on a USB stick probably) and then assign all the settings on the Creo itself before you release it to print. Cumbersome, but at least it works.

Even the Fiery controllers for these machines are obsolete now, because they are so old. You can still use Command Workstation to connect to them, but you can't use anything newer than Command Workstation v5.8, and that version won't run on macOS newer than 10.13, which is itself about 3 years old, meaning any computer you want to use CWS on to connect to a 242/252/260 Fiery is locked at a 3+ year old operating system and can't be upgraded.

It's always a bummer when a manufacturer stops supporting a machine that is still performing well, but the 252/260 was released in 2006. That's almost 15 YEARS ago! Can't really fault them at this point... haha

Good luck!

K

But why do you think the command workstation recognizes my machine but doesn't allow me to log in? In the sense that I enter the ip address and the software also recognizes the name of the server but when I press the connect button it tells me that it is not possible to connect

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    But why do you think the command workstation recognizes my machine but doesn't allow me to log in? In the sense that I enter the ip address and the software also recognizes the name of the server but when I press the connect button it tells me that it is not possible to connect
    Are you trying to use Command Workstation with a Creo controller...? Of course that doesn’t work and never will, Command Workstation is for Fiery controllers only. Creo is made by a different company and has nothing to do with Command Workstation.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
    Even the Fiery controllers for these machines are obsolete now, because they are so old. You can still use Command Workstation to connect to them, but you can't use anything newer than Command Workstation v5.8, and that version won't run on macOS newer than 10.13, which is itself about 3 years old, meaning any computer you want to use CWS on to connect to a 242/252/260 Fiery is locked at a 3+ year old operating system and can't be upgraded.
    A couple of my clients have Parallels with either Windows or an older Mac OS X version for running CWS 5.8, and that works pretty well.

You could do the same for the Creo: install an OS on which the latest driver work under Parallels. You would have to print from Parallels then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk