Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Altalink C8055  gradation in yellow and 389 errors

Xerox Altalink C8055 gradation in yellow and 389 errors

Following up on this thread, I have an Altalink C8055 with only 6K clicks. The Xerox tech replaced HVPS and dev bias HVPS because it was emptying all developers. Now, all colors print fine except for yellow. It has a pretty strong gradation IB to OB. I have replaced developer and drum, but the problem remains. The machines also fails to complete color registration, which might very well be to the yellow problem, but not too sure. I have replaced the MOB sensor (was 2 minutes extra work since I replaced the yellow developer anyway.

The errors listed are 389 601, 603, 604, 606, 607, 609, 610, 613 and 615. Does it make any sense it gives all these errors if just yellow is bad? And what could be the cause of the yellow problem?beterbaan.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox Altalink C8055 gradation in yellow and 389 errors

Sorry to bump this but I can't get hold of Xerox to fix this (don't know what's up but just can't get them to schedule a service call) and I really would like to solve it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sorry to bump this one more time, but although I have okayed Xerox' quote weeks ago, it's impossible to get an actual technician on site. Their system is so horribly flawed here in Europe it's no wonder they are losing customers.

However, I still have a non-functioning machine that I really need to get up and running... If anyone can give advice I'd be really grateful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    Sorry to bump this one more time, but although I have okayed Xerox' quote weeks ago, it's impossible to get an actual technician on site. Their system is so horribly flawed here in Europe it's no wonder they are losing customers.

However, I still have a non-functioning machine that I really need to get up and running... If anyone can give advice I'd be really grateful.
    Follow the repair procedure from edoc starting with 389-615.
    Remember the mob sensor read the patches from IBT assy. Be sure everything is ok with ibt assy.
    Also double check the Y developer unit. May be auger from it dont work and the toner isnt evenly distributed.