Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

xerox phaser 7400 reseat or install cyan

I wrote recently about this one with solid color pages caused by a cracked led shutter gear. So I replaced it having never done it before on the only machine of this type I have ever seen. I followed the instructions step by step for hours taking it apart & putting it back together until it fit together, opened & closed properly, & operated the shutters correctly. I didn't even have screws left over.

When I started it up again, it told me to reseat or install the cyan for some reason. It didn't have this message before I started. It felt at least more then half full. I had it in & out several times. I reseated the connections a few times, & swapped the cyan & black toner sensors with no change. I can't conceive if there was a way it was reassembled improperly to cause that. Afterwards I wondered if the sensor could be cheated with a refrigerator magnet. If I knew how difficult it would be I would have told the guy he was out of luck. But it's just a private owner & he told me how much he paid for it & didn't want to trash it just like that.

I would be open to any suggestions from anyone who may have some familiarity with this model. As always it is much appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: xerox phaser 7400 reseat or install cyan

I have worked with these in the past and although they are good machine, I can confirm they are a total nightmare to service! Have you tried replacing the cyan toner, or the cyan toner chip?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There was no spare cartridge or chip available to try. I was hoping it would be as simple as that, but what if it isn't ? It might not be oem, but why was it working before & not now all of a sudden ? It still felt mostly full. Thanks for taking this into consideration.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If it isn’t the chip, the next suspect is the chip reader, which from the top of my head is right next to the LED strip. But I’ve never touched that item myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk