Technician

Xerox 4265 boot loop

I have a 4265 that is stuck in a boot loop. I have read that I need to install a new HDD since this machine does not support Altboot. Once I replace the HDD I have no operating system to upload the firmware to the machine. Any help is appreciated, as I am brand new to Xerox machines. Could I be chasing a bad Main PWB? Thank you for the help!

Question Re: Xerox 4265 boot loop

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I have a 4265 that is stuck in a boot loop. I have read that I need to install a new HDD since this machine does not support Altboot. Once I replace the HDD I have no operating system to upload the firmware to the machine. Any help is appreciated, as I am brand new to Xerox machines. Could I be chasing a bad Main PWB? Thank you for the help!
    Are you getting a message " Try powering Down, then on again?" If so, replace the power supply.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 4265 boot loop

Re: Xerox 4265 boot loop

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    Firmware can be reloaded from usb stick.
    What version of fw is on the machine ?