Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Versalink B405 intermittent 10-105 faults

Have an intermittent problem with fuser exit jam code 10-105 faults on the Xerox Versalink B405. Replaced the exit sensor checked LVPS for 5vdc checks ok. It'll be running along fine and kicking the copies out one after another then all of sudden it looks like its slowing down then it will jam one just into the fuser about 2 or 3 inches and one already exiting, but the one already exiting is going to slow cause the one behind in the fuser is just about 1/4" on top on the exiting one, which then goes into the jam condition. The registration of all the sheets are all spot on no problem, I see no shift ahead or behind of the image on the sheets, looks all good. Anyone run into something like this out there? If so what did you find to correct the problem?

Technician

Re: Versalink B405 intermittent 10-105 faults

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Have an intermittent problem with fuser exit jam code 10-105 faults on the Xerox Versalink B405. Replaced the exit sensor checked LVPS for 5vdc checks ok. It'll be running along fine and kicking the copies out one after another then all of sudden it looks like its slowing down then it will jam one just into the fuser about 2 or 3 inches and one already exiting, but the one already exiting is going to slow cause the one behind in the fuser is just about 1/4" on top on the exiting one, which then goes into the jam condition. The registration of all the sheets are all spot on no problem, I see no shift ahead or behind of the image on the sheets, looks all good. Anyone run into something like this out there? If so what did you find to correct the problem?
    You'll probably need to change the fuser. You can check it by removing it and try to rotate it. The fuser roll must be rotate easy.
    Important: while checking it the green levers must be in working position (locked).

Good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Already replaced the fuser and the exit assembly chute that holds the exit sensor. Checked the power supply for 5vdc, 12vdc, & 24vdc outputs are fine. Tried new drum unit, feed, pickup,& sep rollers. Have tried different paper and different paper weights. Next will try exit clutch, anyone have problems with the exit clutch?

Technician

Already replaced the fuser and the exit assembly chute that holds the exit sensor. Checked the power supply for 5vdc, 12vdc, & 24vdc outputs are fine. Tried new drum unit, feed, pickup,& sep rollers. Have tried different paper and different paper weights. Next will try exit clutch, anyone have problems with the exit clutch?
    I've had a problem with Registration Clutch and Feed Clutch on Xerox 3655 and 3615. Xerox B405 is with the same engine and maybe the problem is the same. Try to replace registration clutch PN:121K51870 and feed clutch PN: 121K51880.
    The procedure is very annoying .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxbg View Post
    I've had a problem with Registration Clutch and Feed Clutch on Xerox 3655 and 3615. Xerox B405 is with the same engine and maybe the problem is the same. Try to replace registration clutch PN:121K51870 and feed clutch PN: 121K51880.

Thanks, but if it was a registration clutch problem I would think you'd see a image registration shifting problem, which I don't see.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Versalink B405 intermittent 10-105 faults

There is a Eureka about this problem, I had the same problem as you it was the Exit clutch assembly T21.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxbg View Post
    The amount of work and time to replace those clutches you might as well replace the entire registration transport assembly since its like a $25 part that way you get new feed tires, new reg sensor and the clutches come with the assembly, i just replaced one last week and had a new tech doing a lot of the work so he would be comfortable doing it going forward on his own

Technician

i just had this code 10-105 on a VLB 405 also, another code in history was 071-101. sometimes paper would run then the display would say tray 1 was empty when it was full and lifted. Then jams with the lead edge at the registration sensor. Sometimes the hidden gear that drives the pickup and feed roller falls off the short shaft because the shaft breaks therefore no drive and paper never leaves the tray very common, theres a repair kit but I don't trust the fix, Replace the registration transport assembly 059K79335, problem solved, first time is not fun just take pictures as you go
    '

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Marino View Post
    i just had this code 10-105 on a VLB 405 also, another code in history was 071-101. sometimes paper would run then the display would say tray 1 was empty when it was full and lifted. Then jams with the lead edge at the registration sensor. Sometimes the hidden gear that drives the pickup and feed roller falls off the short shaft because the shaft breaks therefore no drive and paper never leaves the tray very common, theres a repair kit but I don't trust the fix, Replace the registration transport assembly 059K79335, problem solved, first time is not fun just take pictures as you go
    '
    Just found your post I am having the same problem in so frustrated I will order assembly